FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Saltwater  (Read 2869 times)

saltyshores

Re: Saltwater
« Reply #15 on: Jun 14, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Jay,
    Call IFW Augusta HQ 287-8000 and ask them to connect you to licensinig. When you reach them, ask them to please check their computer records and tell you if you have the saltwater license.
     Be prepared to get addicted if you get into some stripers! Gooid luck.

JDK

« Reply #16 on: Jun 15, 2018, 06:49 AM »
Thanks Rick

I'll call today.  I did call DMR yesterday and they said to talk to the Town Clerk. ;D
# SAND

MarkNFish

« Reply #17 on: Jun 15, 2018, 06:54 AM »
Thanks Rick

I'll call today.  I did call DMR yesterday and they said to talk to the Town Clerk. ;D
I'm fairly certain there's a particular warden that would be happy to give you an answer 8)

teampar

• "It is what it is"
« Reply #18 on: Jun 15, 2018, 06:56 AM »
I'm fairly certain there's a particular warden that would be happy to give you an answer 8)

No doubt. They are the best of pals!  8)

MarkNFish

« Reply #19 on: Jun 15, 2018, 07:07 AM »
Yeah :o

The son that I used to like wife is about to have our first grandchild any day now.   Judging by my wife's reaction, you'd think she is in labor.  Literally bags are packed.  I asked what for and got the "You're a dumbass" look.  Kids getting in the way of good fishing....what the heck.
When we had our kids (many years ago), my wife gave me two assignments:  get me to the hospital on time; and make sure none of the grandparents gets into the hospital room.  Mission accomplished on both counts.  Drive slow Jay.

JDK

« Reply #20 on: Jun 15, 2018, 07:19 AM »
Very helpful.  Thanks. :-X
# SAND

JDK

« Reply #21 on: Jun 15, 2018, 07:44 AM »
OK, maybe I made this harder than it had to be. 

DMR said that there should have been some indication on the licence (usually in the center) that I answered the question if I fished saltwater in 2017.

IF&W said that as long as I had a valid 2018 freshwater fishing licence (not a lifetime), I was good to go.

Caribou's City Clerk had no idea either way.

So...damned the torpedoes.  I'll set up a #bailjayoutofjailforfishingthesalt account should I get busted.

# SAND

gamefisher

« Reply #22 on: Jun 15, 2018, 07:51 AM »
OK, maybe I made this harder than it had to be. 

DMR said that there should have been some indication on the licence (usually in the center) that I answered the question if I fished saltwater in 2017.

IF&W said that as long as I had a valid 2018 freshwater fishing licence (not a lifetime), I was good to go.

Caribou's City Clerk had no idea either way.

So...damned the torpedoes.  I'll set up a #bailjayoutofjailforfishingthesalt account should I get busted.

With the gps tracking system the Warden Service has mounted on your vehicle and the luck you have, all I can say is you're screwed! ;D

teampar

• "It is what it is"
« Reply #23 on: Jun 15, 2018, 08:34 AM »
With the gps tracking system the Warden Service has mounted on your vehicle and the luck you have, all I can say is you're screwed! ;D

+ I highly doubt with a grandchild being born at anytime, a wedding about to happen that Carol is on board with this fishing for striper thing! 😂

JDK

« Reply #24 on: Jun 15, 2018, 08:40 AM »
I gave her an option.

Fish for stripers or strippers.   

Thankfully have have buddies living in the Belgrades.....
# SAND

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.