FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Switch to the South Branch  (Read 1175 times)

bogtrotter

Switch to the South Branch
« on: Jun 17, 2018, 02:41 PM »
I fished the South Hoosic in Adams, from Mullen Mayflower to a little below Elm Rock, between 12:45 PM and 2:15 PM this afternoon.

Sunny, blue skies, temp around 87 - - just 5 degrees warmer than yesterday, and yet noticeably more oppressive.

Despite the heat, the fishing was productive.

I caught a 10" brown by Mullen Mayflower, and then waded downstream.

Nothing doing till I got past the Old Stone Mill, and then I reeled in a 12" rainbow just upstream from the small roll dam a little above Elm Rock.

Unfortunately, the fish (although otherwise unharmed) swallowed my last hook, so ordinarily that would have been it for the day.

But I just so happened to find a lure stuck midstream on a tree when I went fishing last week on the Walloomsac, and had it stuck to the outside of my vest, so I decided to give that a try.

I cast it a few times by Elm Rock and had a solid strike, that proved to be a 14" rainbow that gave a bit of an acrobatic display (two leaps) before I managed to land him.

Then I tried the lure again below the small waterfall just downstream, and quickly reeled in two more fish - - another 10" brown and a 13" rainbow.

Unfortunately, the rainbow swallowed the treble hooked lure pretty deep, so there wasn't any point in releasing him.

I broke the bow's neck, wrapped him in what looked like wild rhubarb leaves before putting him in my vest to carry home, and ended up giving him to a buddy of mine.

lowaccord66

Re: Switch to the South Branch
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2018, 05:46 AM »
Another productive outing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.