FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Never fished Waschusett reservoir  (Read 1299 times)

taxid

Never fished Waschusett reservoir
« on: Jun 24, 2018, 07:31 PM »
Not asking for any fishing spots but maybe suggestions on what gates I can catch bluegills (sunfish) on a fly rod? I'll be here for another week or so on vacation and want to hit Wachusett for a day or two.

I'm guessing these will be areas from shore that are shallower vs. areas that quickly drop off. If I don't hear from anyone no worries.

Thanks!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
Re: Never fished Waschusett reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2018, 12:03 AM »
i have been catching jumbo bluegills at lake quinsigamond. most average 7 to 8 inches with some pushing 9 and 10. i have been catching them at the southern end of quinsig and in flint pond as well. trolled leadcore by in between the 2 bridges and caught a couple of tigers and a bow to boot.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2018, 12:04 AM »
i have caught bluegills in the little cove in between the old stone church and the causeway one of which was a youth pin when i was younger.

CMD1987

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2018, 01:11 AM »
i have caught bluegills in the little cove in between the old stone church and the causeway one of which was a youth pin when i was younger.

That would be a good spot for bluegill for sure.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2018, 06:04 PM »

For someone that has never been there would that be Gates cove in gates 25 to 24A?

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2016/08/rp/wachusettresgates.pdf
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2018, 07:27 PM »
You can't miss the stone church right at the causeway on RT12. Gate 35 in between the 2 sets of cellar holes where it shallows up will get you some gills on the fly rod. All along the shore by the stone church is a great spot for jumbo gills
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2018, 08:46 PM »
You can't miss the stone church right at the causeway on RT12. Gate 35 in between the 2 sets of cellar holes where it shallows up will get you some gills on the fly rod. All along the shore by the stone church is a great spot for jumbo gills

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.