FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wabash River Report  (Read 918 times)

bigr

Wabash River Report
« on: Sep 25, 2018, 03:46 AM »
Fished the Wabash and Salamonie junction last evening for a short but productive hour or so. Using a Berkley 3inch white twister with a 1/8oz orange lead head I managed 3 nice smallies in the 14 to 16 inch range and one walleye of 18 inches. Switched over to a ch/blk husky jerk with a rattle and connected on a much larger eye that went 22in's. River is what I would consider about perfect shape for a float and the fall bite for eyes and smallies is on. Discharge from the two upper resi's is right for not getting stuck on the ripples. The fall draw down appears to have begun with the corp of eng  lowering very slow at this time. Check the corp web site for changes. As long as the two upper resi's combined are not more than 350cfu's the river level should be good. Rain can have an impact on the level so keep that in mind if we get heavy rain. Floats starting all the way from Huntington to largo or my favorite largo to Wabash should both be productive. Fall Colors along the river is getting real nice and migrating water fowl/birds are showing up. Great time to be on the water. Make an adventure out of it and plan an overnite, sleeping along side the bank on a sand bar. Have a wonderful Fall season.

bherr24

Re: Wabash River Report
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2018, 01:57 PM »
Nice report big r. Have not caught a single eye or sauger yet this year from the wabash. Tore them up last year but the river level never really has gotten as low as it was last year which i would prefer for the holes i fish. Its also been ridiculously hot so maybe the cooler temps will get it goin. I have caught quite a few sauger and one eye out of the eel in logansport however back when the flow was up. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.