FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Random fishing day.  (Read 1102 times)

lowaccord66

Random fishing day.
« on: Oct 01, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Yesterday I ran around much like our Friend bogtrotter.  Started on the farmington river catching 2 bows on junk flies before promptly leaving the pool due to crowding.  Surprisingly saw an epo on my drive out.  From there I hit colebrook res on the mass side and was delighted to pick off one smallie.  Bored with the lack of schooling bass I went to Chesterfield gorge and caught squat.  An older lady wanted to give me crap for driving down the dirt road...told her she has no manners.  Left and went back to the Farmington where I picked up several bows.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Random fishing day.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2018, 10:23 AM »
Nice work Jon. Sometimes hole hopping is fun on its own. I ended up fishing friday evening and shroomed on saturday. Took it easy on Sunday. I will toss a post up.

See you in exactly 100 days!
Wicked Wec

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2018, 11:03 AM »
Wow, you really got around yesterday.  Nice job getting a variety of fish in different spots.

westernmas

« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2018, 11:34 AM »
Sorry I couldnt direct you to any willing trout in the gorge.  Dont worry about the people giving you dirty looks for driving down the dirt road.  Our licenses pay for the maintenance of that area so they should appreciate seeing fishermen in the area.  Sometimes all of the gates are open and its 7 miles of hole hopping.  I've only seen them all open twice though so you kind of have to get lucky.  Glad the farmy is still producing in the higher flows.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2018, 02:44 PM »
It's ok Pat the flow was high there and I was unwilling to fish heavier.  Beautiful spot.  I dont care about the looks just thought it was funny!  The gate was closed...and ya the farmington is way up!

lavaman

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2018, 08:56 AM »
I love those stories bud. lets meet up soon

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.