FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: dead carp  (Read 5168 times)

Fishingking

Re: dead carp
« Reply #15 on: Jun 17, 2005, 07:28 PM »
i just watched the local news they said all the dead carp are in the lower end of the lake thats right were they did all the weed spraying they interviewed the guy in charge of clean-up he said theres thousands of dead fish its going to take 2 weeks to clean them all up
the news said that they sent some of the fish to cornell university to determine what killed them they are saying coy disease yea right never even heard of such a disease wonder who made that one up the guy who discovered the coy dog

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #16 on: Jun 18, 2005, 12:26 AM »

wonder who made that one up the guy who discovered the coy dog

ROTFLAO!!!  ;D

Polar

« Reply #17 on: Jun 18, 2005, 08:36 AM »
i just watched the local news they said all the dead carp are in the lower end of the lake thats right were they did all the weed spraying they interviewed the guy in charge of clean-up he said theres thousands of dead fish its going to take 2 weeks to clean them all up
the news said that they sent some of the fish to cornell university to determine what killed them they are saying coy disease yea right never even heard of such a disease wonder who made that one up the guy who discovered the coy dog

Your right on this one.I typed coy disease into the google and yahoo search, can't find it. HMMMMMMMM could it be N.Y.S.  D.E.C. is making up a story???? Not them boyz.

deerslayer92163

« Reply #18 on: Jun 18, 2005, 08:43 AM »
the results are supposed to be in in a couple days when i hear something ill post the report

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #19 on: Jun 18, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Try searching "Koi Disease"

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #20 on: Jun 18, 2005, 11:56 AM »
also along with the proper spelling of koi... try this too,  i watched channel 4 news and they were saying it was a herpes/koi disease.... or virus, im not sure which. maybe this will help a bit.... or it could just be a bullhog excuse for something else as well knowing how this state runs things!  :-\

Fishingking

« Reply #21 on: Jun 18, 2005, 03:31 PM »
man whats this world coming too now carp are getting herpes?
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Polar

« Reply #22 on: Jun 18, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Try searching "Koi Disease"

Thanks Red.....

deerslayer92163

« Reply #23 on: Jun 19, 2005, 08:29 AM »
talked to a freind that lives on the lake last night near celeron he told me that its not only carp he's had bullhead and crappie washing up in his yard so it doesnt sound like a disease relative to the carp species anymore i think all this trying to get rid of the weeds is killing the lake ive only caught 3 walleye all year and i go out 3-4 times a week and only 1 of the was a keeper me and polar were at long pt last night no walleye for either of us and there were dead carp at the upper end also ive never seen it like this always been able to go out and get a couple

seaweed01

« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2005, 02:08 PM »
We had the same type of die off with carp here on the NY/PA border section
of the Susquhanna river a few years ago. The only fish that died was carp
and some real large ones also. The Pa fish commission said that it was a
virus of some kind that killed them. I don't know if they every did find out
what the real reason was.

buzz bait

• save the walleyes
« Reply #25 on: Jun 19, 2005, 02:52 PM »
seen it happening at whitney point res. not only carp but bass perch and cappies and i seen a lot on the susquehanna to . seen 1 yesterday [carp] pushing atleast 3 foot long .realy like to know whats going on ??? ???

fishboy

« Reply #26 on: Jun 20, 2005, 08:54 PM »
Koi Herpes Virus, what I was tellin the guy from Michigan about. its rough on rough fish! and its moving north.  wait till it gets to Massena the Brits will be cryin!
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.