FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Can my wife pick a birthday gift or what?!!  (Read 2690 times)

fishryc

Can my wife pick a birthday gift or what?!!
« on: Jun 24, 2005, 12:14 PM »
How’s this sound. For my birthday, my wife told me she’s taking me to Altoona PA Saturday thru Tuesday over the 4th of July weekend. What’s in Altoona PA my friends, and what will we be doing Sunday and Monday morning? Raystown Lake is there- home of the 50 pound stripers where we will be on charters BOTH these days!! I had told her I would like to take us there sometime this summer, but never made it solid yet. What a surprise; can’t hardly wait. I definitely do owe her one. I guess the state record of 53 pounds is out of there, but they say 20 to 30 is not too uncommon. Anybody ever been there?
fishryc
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

Deposit

Re: Can my wife pick a birthday gift or what?!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2005, 12:35 PM »
Sounds like it'll be a great time! Hope you have a great fishing (birth)day

eyedoktr

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2005, 12:47 PM »
Do you know the name of your guide? I have a buddy who I think guides there once in a while. I know he fishes it often.
Pete Lewis

fishryc

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Do you know the name of your guide? I have a buddy who I think guides there once in a while. I know he fishes it often.
There’s a lot of them out there, so lacking any urgency, she hasn’t booked them yet, but will be tomorrow.  We’ll be using a different one each day. Fred Davoli (“Lunker Guide Service”) out of Alexandria one day, and Sparky Price out of Huntingdon the other.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

G. Gordon Liddy

scottcny

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2005, 01:47 PM »
I fished there years ago, we went for the walleyes, there are some big eyes in there too.

wormwigglr

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2005, 07:42 AM »
Hey Scott. I actually did most of my trout fishing in Claysburg, which is about 30 minutes south of Altoona, back when i was in Ohio. I was born and partially raised near Altoona. I have fished Raystown many times when I go back to trout fish and also when I was younger. The stripers are going to be deep by that time but that lake has some serious deep water. If you want to know some history on the place it use to be an old town and they flooded the town in preparations for the war or something to that matter. So there is houses down there so they make great structures and you will find stripers hanging around the rubble. The best bait i ever used was trout about 5-7 inches and the stripers love them. They are available at the local bait shops but are expensive.

devil-man

« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2005, 07:47 AM »
I just read a thread about a boating accident there this past weekend.
I used to go there as a kid. My father is from Lewistown.
"Terrible Accident" in GFD.

butterworm

« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2005, 07:49 AM »
happy b-day scott. hope you enjoy the trip. your ticket stubs are in the mail and your reservation has been made at the camp site fot the 9th.maybe some striper for a snack that w/e ???  good luck and let us know how you do.

fishryc

« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2005, 10:12 AM »
happy b-day scott. hope you enjoy the trip. your ticket stubs are in the mail and your reservation has been made at the camp site fot the 9th.maybe some striper for a snack that w/e ???  good luck and let us know how you do.
Thanks a lot Bill. I do appreciate it; looking forward to a good time. Glad to see Mike will be there too. He says he never fished Case Lake either so I just may bring the canoe. Hafta see when I get there if I don’t get too caught up in the festivities to dare drive anywhere; although I could persuade the wife to chauffeur me around!
You know what? I got back Sunday afternoon from fishing with Mike at Silver to a long faced wife. We’re gonna hafta postpone; I had given her the names of 4 top charters there, and when she went to book, none would take us out on the 3rd or 4th. They all said we’re wasting our time and money on those days because there is a MASSIVE influx of recreational boaters. I’m glad they were all so candid. We’re gonna shoot for the first weekend in August. Oh well, such is life; gives me more time to anticipate and be anxious.

G. Gordon Liddy

butterworm

« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2005, 11:03 AM »
its the thought that counts :) mike has fished case b-4. it was in the winter at the last meet of the yr. he probably had to many suds in him to remember. that was the first time i met the vise pres.

devil-man

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2005, 01:10 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about, B.
It must have been someone else!

butterworm

« Reply #11 on: Jun 29, 2005, 07:07 AM »
no im sure. that was the day that unyonn got his car stuck. thats case lake. unless you are talking about fishing in open water there ???

devil-man

« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2005, 07:05 AM »
OK- That's the day I slept in my shanty for about three hours.
I was feeling a little rough around the edges...

butterworm

« Reply #13 on: Jun 30, 2005, 07:13 AM »
OK- That's the day I slept in my shanty for about three hours.
I was feeling a little rough around the edges...
it looked like more than just the edges ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.