FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Irondequoit Bay?  (Read 1793 times)

buffaloice

Irondequoit Bay?
« on: Jun 30, 2005, 08:13 AM »
going to rochester this weekend to g/f's aunt and uncles house. her uncle has a boat docked in irondequoit bay,and i would like to know about fishing prospects out of irondequoit bay. boat is a pleasure craft, no downriggers , but ill be bringing my  L.Erie gear, with a couple of Dipsy'sand jet divers...any info is greatly appreciated, along with gps coordinates if available...thanks in advance to anyone with info

FarginIcehole

Re: Irondequoit Bay?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2005, 09:56 AM »
hey buffalo, head out of the bay onto the lake, and go a few miles east,look for all the boats and pound the smallies.my arms got very sore there last week. Fargin

buffaloice

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2005, 02:19 PM »
thanks fargin...though i have to ask....how many miles is a few? were u trollin or casting?if so what? basically, everything short of taking me out yourself?lol...thanx again!

FarginIcehole

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2005, 03:24 PM »
hey buffalo, i would say its about 4 miles,we were gettin em on minnows in 12 to 25 feet of water.saw a guy throwin crankbaits and he did a few fish too. Fargin

buffaloice

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2005, 08:21 PM »
thanx alot...also, if anyone has info on fishing the erie canal near Fairport, i would like to hit that up, dont know how it is in the summer though...

fisher rich

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2005, 11:03 PM »
drifting with minnows East of the Bay outlet by Webster Park will yield plenty of smallies! Use just enough weight to get to the bottom, a drop shot rig works great! You will run out of bait in no time. Worms are a second choice but artificial work also. I prefer the live stuff!good luck. If the lake is rough the bay can also produce some nice perch, smallies and pike.

buffaloice

« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2005, 02:23 PM »
thanks for the info guys...now one last question, then ill leave u alone 8) wondering bout mendon ponds and the fishing there ...ill post report when i get back..I wish everyone here a Happy Independence Day, keep your lines tight and your beverages cold! God Bless America!!!!

Shawner

• I'm goin' fishin'
« Reply #7 on: Jul 03, 2005, 10:33 AM »

100 acre pond at Mendon(the main one) is great for pike and bass, cant use your outboard there though. Only electrics and oars. Rubber worms for bass and the pike hit everything pike should including bass lures. Have had alot of fun over the years there. Good luck!

The bay is a great spot, but you have to find the fish sometimes. The cove SE of the bridge(Held's cove or more commonly called Devil's cove) is a good bet early and late in the day for pike and bass. The NW corner of the bay right after the outlet across from the channel markers produce perch, pike, wallies. Then down further south past the bridge on that side, wallies, pike, bass, and huge sheephead from the fish and game club north to the Bayview condo's.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.