FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quick trip for walleye  (Read 1054 times)

stripernut

Quick trip for walleye
« on: Mar 22, 2021, 06:30 AM »
On the Conn. river from the bank did not produce any walleye, but boy was it great to be out! I did get one big fall fish that put a good bend in the rod and got my hopes up for a bit... Best of all, More Fishing To Come!

ICEHOLE

Re: Quick trip for walleye
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2021, 09:14 AM »
I really want to put a bit of time into the river this year... so many fish that interest me in there!
Question, is there something you look for when targeting a walleye spot on the CT ? deep depth, rock pile, sandy flat, weeds? spending my afternoon at work eyeballing google maps and navionics
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2021, 04:18 PM »
Time of year is very important as to where/if you find them. Then the time of day, getting most of my walleye in the afternoon and evening.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2021, 08:49 PM »
I really want to put a bit of time into the river this year... so many fish that interest me in there!
Question, is there something you look for when targeting a walleye spot on the CT ? deep depth, rock pile, sandy flat, weeds? spending my afternoon at work eyeballing google maps and navionics

There's a spot on the CTR down near me where the eyes go in a bigger trib to spawn...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.