FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall Foliage Is at or Near its Peak . . .  (Read 801 times)

bogtrotter

Fall Foliage Is at or Near its Peak . . .
« on: Oct 17, 2020, 05:32 PM »
in my neck of the woods today.  The fishing wasn't too bad either.

The weather was pleasant (sunny) but cool (about 50 degrees).

I got out on three streams late this AM and early this PM.

I fished two locations (the first in North Adams and the second in Williamstown) on the Main Branch of the Hoosic for about 10 or 15 minutes apiece - - and, although not exactly "roaring" in either one, the stream levels were quite a bit higher than I prefer in both of them.

Alas, neither location "produced" any fish - - although I did catch two tiny sunfish at the "Spruces" Pond on my way out from my second stop

Next, I gave the North Hoosic (which was also on the high side) in North Adams a go - - and was fortunate to hook and reel in a 12" brown on my very first cast in a backwater just below a "run" behind the Beaver Mill parking lot. 

I tried a few other spots a little further upstream but didn't have any hits.

So then I hiked up Hudson Brook (which feeds into the North Branch) in the Natural  Marble Bridge State Park.

At the foot of the chasm below the Natural Marble Bridge, I caught five brown trout ranging from 7" to 12".

Then it was homeward bound to spend the rest of the day reading in my hammock followed by a cookout in my firepit  - - featuring chicken with diced vegetables sauteed in olive oil, dandelion wine and buffalo chicken sauce - - washed down with Boulevard Brewing Company Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale - - and then (since I was still hungry, having skipped both breakfast and lunch) a grilled pork chop with sriracha mayo, accompanied by a glass of (homemade) dandelion/peach/pear blend wine.

BassMaster12

Re: Fall Foliage Is at or Near its Peak . . .
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Sounds like a good time. Great time of year to be out regardless of how good the bite is
_Icecold_ on the shanty

Bartman44

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Nice report. The wife and I might take in some foliage this afternoon, thinking about driving over Petersburg Pass to Williamstown.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2020, 09:34 AM »
Very busy here in Kent with leaf peepers.  Hope they dont bring the 'vid with them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.