FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: need a little help  (Read 3266 times)

metmen

need a little help
« on: Aug 30, 2011, 11:10 PM »
Hey guys I just got a new humminbird 587 this is my first gps unit does anybody have any recommendations on what mapping card I should get for the unit I mostly fish here in wonderful Wyo.

Thanks JB

MountainMan

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Fish Painter
Re: need a little help
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2011, 10:03 AM »
If it were me I'd go with the standard Navionics HotMaps card if you're fishing mostly Wyoming. There is no difference between the standard HotMaps and the higher priced Premium and Platinum versions when it comes to Wyoming waters (you don't gain any more lakes), unless you want 3-d and satellite views.

BENJFIRE

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2011, 01:39 PM »
I bought the 788ci last year and it came preloaded with the Navionics maps. Like it a lot, has most of the lakes I fish in Wyoming. Might want to check and make sure it has the lakes you want first!

MountainMan

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Fish Painter

metmen

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Hey guys thanks for input do you use it very much on the lake somebody told me that he felt that they we only beneficial on waters that he had never fished before.

Thanks JB

MountainMan

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Fish Painter
« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2011, 09:50 AM »
In my opinion that would depend on your style of fishing and what you fish for. Some fishermen don't take their eyes off those contours as they fish, even on waters they fish all year round. If you are like some people and you have your favorite areas and don't explore much it might not be worth it...

jopes

« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Metmen, which one did you go with?   

I just picked up a HDS unit and it only offers Glendo and one other res with depth contours on the maps.  I am thinking on getting the platinum Navionics since they offer more lakes with depth contours than the HDS has,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.