FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: night fishing secrets...  (Read 4046 times)

amazinmoose

night fishing secrets...
« on: Sep 27, 2005, 10:41 AM »
any thoughts or idears for leds at the tip of your rods for night fishing??  i knwo they sell glow sticks but they dont last long enough and cost to much.. an led setup would be perfect.. tightlines moose!

eyedoktr

Re: night fishing secrets...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2005, 03:06 PM »
I presume that you are asking in regards to shore fishing as the lights in your boat would be plenty bright to see the tips of the rods.

You could go out and buy some glow in the dark tape (or paint) and apply it to the end of the rod. Then every once in a while hit it with a bright light (LED, Tazer, etc) and it should glow for quite awhile.
Pete Lewis

amazinmoose

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2005, 03:18 PM »
good idear...  i usta use an led, some speaker wire a few connectoors so you can break the pole down and some aa's   the whole mess worked great 1 set of batteries lasted the season, the only thing was the wire made the pole to stiff..  prolly do the same but with small wire.. moose

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2005, 11:01 PM »
i use a small strip of 3m reflective tape on the end of the rod, and then just put on an led headlamp...the reflective tape glows when hit with light from an led light source (especially red)

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2005, 08:23 PM »
ive never tryed it, but i think this would work........a 12 volt blacklight and some florecent line. if you could get the light to shine right, you would be able to see the line all the way to the water

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.