FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pawtuckaway  (Read 1212 times)

13fish

Pawtuckaway
« on: Jul 08, 2010, 12:47 PM »
Hi All,

Anyone care to share a spot or two I could take a 4 and 7 year old to fish for gills/perch while camping at Pawtuckaway this weekend?

MikeF-NH

Re: Pawtuckaway
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Since I assume you will be shore fishing, any shoreline that has some lilly pads for cover should produce perch and gills. A drive around the lake to the Fundy ramp will provide access to a trail system that goes along the shoreline. Follow those trails and you will have reasonable access to fish holding lillies. Otherwise, look for anything the provides protection from the sun. Overhanging branches, the bridge that crosses to the island campsites are two good examples.

burgerunh

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2010, 01:51 PM »
Use a worm and bobber.  Fish around docks.  They shouldn't be too hard to find.

13fish

« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2010, 03:26 PM »
A drive around the lake to the Fundy ramp will provide access to a trail system that goes along the shoreline.........the bridge that crosses to the island campsites are two good examples.

MikeF-NH thanks! That's exactly the info I'm looking for. I've never been there, have no clue about the place,  so that gives me a great place to start. I just found out we're staying on the island, so I guess I'll hit that first tomorrow! Here's a few brookies my kids caught in the spring:

volume4130

« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2010, 05:01 PM »
nice brookies...I've only personally fished there once from a canoe, but I got my Fiance into fishing a little when we were up there last year...maybe that's like getting kids into fishing????  :D  sorry I'm not more help...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.