FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Newfound  (Read 1104 times)

steve01987

Newfound
« on: Aug 21, 2020, 09:27 AM »
Checking out Newfound lake for the first time finally and staying for the weekend.  Pretty excited, gonna target smallmouth.  Gonna be fishing off a kayak and was planning to target them on crankbaits and jerkbaits. Anyone have any luck there this summer? 

jibbs

Re: Newfound
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2020, 11:55 AM »
Haven’t been this season but my club had a tourney there and it was tough with all the boat traffic
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Johnnh

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2020, 01:40 PM »
Are you going out of Wellington?

If not, what part of the lake will you be fishing?

steve01987

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2020, 08:58 PM »
Are you going out of Wellington?

If not, what part of the lake will you be fishing?

Thanks for the replies guys I wantes to respond earlier but I had terrible service there. I was staying at the newfound inn, in bridgewater. I was literally amazed how clean and nice the lake is. But I didn't catch s###! Saturday i didnt get out till 9 30am, way too late. Anyways i was trolling a rapala minnow that dove to a depth of 20ft...was fishing depths anywhere from 30 to 60 feet of water. Also tried a bomber fat free shad which dove down to about 15ft. No bites. Threw out some jerk baits here and there along the shore and also picked up a silver mooselook wobbler which I did some whipping and trolling with. Saturday night i fished from 7-9. Messed around briefly with chatterbaits and rubber worms too.. Didnt see a bite or even a single fish the whole weekend. I guess theyre sitting in 50+ feet of water or my tactics were off. First time fishing that lake. Shoulda been out there at 5AM Saturday morning.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.