FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A Friday surprise  (Read 2240 times)

zwiggles

A Friday surprise
« on: Sep 02, 2020, 03:04 PM »
I got a call from my dad last Friday asking if I could leave work early and go fishing. His boss (my cousin) was taking a few of them on a striper charter and had an extra seat.

We went out of rye with savage charters and had a blast, and I would highly recommend going with him again.

Loaded up on bait and then struck out at the first spot. The second spot was on fire. I was a part of quads at one point, and the captain worked hard the whole afternoon feeding the stripers and keeping us busy.

My dad and I struggled with the circle hook concept at first, but he caught the most, biggest, and smallest fish of the evening. I didn’t catch much, but had a great time watching everyone else hammer schoolies.

Here’s my dad with the biggest of the night:

AquaAssassin

Re: A Friday surprise
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2020, 03:08 PM »
 Nice work buddy! I have spent many of hours, days ( and all nighters) on boats, and ice, with Jamie over the years. He’s a fishin fool.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2020, 03:10 PM »
Out Of Line is a far cry from what we use to fish off  ;D ;D ;D that boat was called “ Scavenger”  ;D

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2020, 03:14 PM »
Nice work buddy! I have spent many of hours, days ( and all nighters) on boats, and ice, with Jamie over the years. He’s a fishin fool.

You know I thought I should have asked if you knew each other. He was great, and I really enjoyed the trip. Same with my father, some other guides we had been with left something to be desired, but you could tell he’s a fishing fanatic. 

AquaAssassin

« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2020, 04:21 PM »
You know I thought I should have asked if you knew each other. He was great, and I really enjoyed the trip. Same with my father, some other guides we had been with left something to be desired, but you could tell he’s a fishing fanatic.

Absolutely, I have spent countless hours specifically from 2007-2012 with him on boats or ice just striving for better. Both commercially and recreational

One of the few people I’ve ever met who can match me fish for fish any water, any style, any species.

Like my signature. It’s not cocky, if you can back it up.

Johnnh

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2020, 06:30 PM »
Congrats
Sounds like a perfect day

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2020, 11:51 AM »
Sounds like an awesome trip, tough to beat a day off work and fishing...

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2020, 12:10 PM »
Out Of Line is a far cry from what we use to fish off  ;D ;D ;D that boat was called “ Scavenger”  ;D

LOL

Nice work guys looks like a great time.
Wicked Wec

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #8 on: Sep 17, 2020, 11:34 PM »
Nice that you got out with Jamie, Zwiggles.
He's top notch! I echo everything Frank said.
He's caught a lot of BFT's too.
Saw a nice one he caught today or yesterday.

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2020, 07:30 PM »
Nothing better than a striper beat down than fishing with what sounds like a true fisherman. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.