FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Is this the biggest northern?  (Read 5717 times)

swampbuckster

• Happy for open water!
Re: Is this the biggest northern?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2007, 01:16 PM »
I never did see it on IceShanty. Must have been before I got my own computer rather then using my parents at their place.
Live to Fish, Fish to Live

TPB

• bad day of fishing beats any day at work
« Reply #16 on: Apr 01, 2007, 01:28 PM »
It's easier to beg forgiveness that to get permission

rich81

« Reply #17 on: Apr 07, 2007, 06:58 PM »
I have seen that picture before, but it is still cool. I wonder what your foot would look like if that bit into it.

i don't know i you would have a foot left!!!!!!!!! if you did.......minced meat 8)

TrekJeff

« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2007, 07:33 PM »
There was a monster pike caught out of the mill pond in weidman mi a few years back(2002-2004ish).  It set a new state record.  I wish I had the article.  I guess I could call the insurance company the guy who caught it was drawing disability from....He was ice fishing and had to spud out more ice to pull it through...the insurance company cancelled his benifits...lol  But the guy has the state record...lol  It was eith in the 50" range and weighed in the 50's...I just remember 50/50

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2007, 09:11 PM »
There was a monster pike caught out of the mill pond in weidman mi a few years back(2002-2004ish).  It set a new state record.  I wish I had the article.  I guess I could call the insurance company the guy who caught it was drawing disability from....He was ice fishing and had to spud out more ice to pull it through...the insurance company cancelled his benifits...lol  But the guy has the state record...lol  It was eith in the 50" range and weighed in the 50's...I just remember 50/50

must have not counted for some reason.

1. I never heard of it
2. the same state record fish has been standing for nearly 50 years

NORTHERN PIKE  Schoolcraft  Dodge Lake 1961 current 39.00lbs 51.50" Larry Clough

Fishing is life

MIRC!

TrekJeff

« Reply #20 on: Apr 09, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Hmmm, maybe
must have not counted for some reason.

1. I never heard of it
2. the same state record fish has been standing for nearly 50 years

NORTHERN PIKE  Schoolcraft  Dodge Lake 1961 current 39.00lbs 51.50" Larry Clough
Hmmm, well if you never heard of it then it defiantly must have not happened...lol J/K Maybe it never got registered....or maybe, just maybe it was a fish tale...those are rare, but you never know.  LOL
I'll have to give Archie a call, he own Schaffer Bait and Tackle in Weidman...he'd know what the details were....who knows, it may have been taken illegally.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #21 on: Apr 09, 2007, 10:07 PM »
Hmmm, maybeHmmm, well if you never heard of it then it defiantly must have not happened...lol J/K Maybe it never got registered....or maybe, just maybe it was a fish tale...those are rare, but you never know.  LOL
I'll have to give Archie a call, he own Schaffer Bait and Tackle in Weidman...he'd know what the details were....who knows, it may have been taken illegally.

still would have been an impressive fish

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Northern Manitoban

« Reply #22 on: Apr 10, 2007, 09:05 AM »
That Pike photo from the paper is actually my photo i posted on Hunting photo's .com years ago, I have that clipping behind my bar I scanned it and put it on the web, as soon as I saw it i recognized it as it was torn on the top and bottom from taping it in behind my bar, funny how things get past around the web. This same lake a few years back a 39 inch walleye carcus was found at a cleaning station caught by american bear hunters a shame it was kept, I guess the cheeks were the size of small dinner plates. To no avail they have tried to find this angler who netted this Pike, its huge for sure..NM   

http://www.xtremesportfishing.com/forum

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #23 on: Apr 10, 2007, 09:33 AM »
That Pike photo from the paper is actually my photo i posted on Hunting photo's .com years ago, I have that clipping behind my bar I scanned it and put it on the web, as soon as I saw it i recognized it as it was torn on the top and bottom from taping it in behind my bar, funny how things get past around the web. This same lake a few years back a 39 inch walleye carcus was found at a cleaning station caught by american bear hunters a shame it was kept, I guess the cheeks were the size of small dinner plates. To no avail they have tried to find this angler who netted this Pike, its huge for sure..NM   

http://www.xtremesportfishing.com/forum

welcome to the site

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.