FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What kind of fish is this?????  (Read 14847 times)

h82lose

Re: What kind of fish is this?????
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2007, 09:25 AM »
LLS definately

Home Wood

« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2007, 09:27 AM »
It is a carbon copy of the fish Home Wood is holding. 

That's not me, that's my buddy who caught the fish.

rpc55

• aka "Bonehead"
« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2007, 10:39 AM »
No question about it, its a landlock salmon.

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2007, 10:52 AM »
Homw Wood, I take there are Browns and Salmon in the lake this fish was caught ?
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

MasterAngler

« Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2007, 11:02 AM »
LLS, even though I have never caught one, I have caught browns, and from info and pics on the web on LLS, I am almost positive its a salmon.
Seven days without fishing, makes one weak.

Home Wood

« Reply #20 on: Oct 15, 2007, 11:07 AM »
Homw Wood, I take there are Browns and Salmon in the lake this fish was caught ?

It is said that there are no Browns in Lake Winnipesaukee, which is where this was caught. There are lots of salmon in that lake though.  It's the biggest lake in NH and even if this is a salmon, I have a hard time believing that there's not one brown in there somewhere.

Home Wood

« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2007, 11:28 AM »
If you guys look under the "anything category" for the online tourney, you'll see a nice pic of a LLS caught in NY. That's what I've always known to be a LL Salmon and that's exactly what was caught before this fish. Huge difference in looks between the two fish.

jrelaxin

« Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2007, 12:28 PM »
it depends how deep they have been laying....have caught some really dark salmon that have been real deep.......... ;D
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #23 on: Oct 15, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Here is some pictures of browns from Lake Ontario and one of it's tribs.  This will show you 3 different color phases of a brown trout.   There is aslo a picture of a large Atlantic Salmon (LL salmon).
early spring Color phase

Summer color phase

Fall Spawning colors (does this look anything like Homewoods Fish?  I think not!)

Atlantic from Lake Ontario

Home Wood

« Reply #24 on: Oct 15, 2007, 12:38 PM »
Thanks Gambell. Nice fish. I never knew fish changed colors, such as this. What's the reason?

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #25 on: Oct 15, 2007, 01:01 PM »
I have some pics of LL salmon from the ADKs that I'll have to post, a couple look just like yours, LLsalmon change color a ton after they spawn.
There are lots of big lakes everywhere,  the only thing that would raise any doubt to me would be if that hatchery that stocks the lake also raises browns and one accidently slipped in. I have to look thru an old computer for the pics as soon as I get them I will post them.
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #26 on: Oct 15, 2007, 01:06 PM »
Another thing is the tail (not the V) the spots.  Browns have spots on the edges of their tails, Landlocks do not.  Look at the tail in Homewoods Picture - No spots!

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #27 on: Oct 15, 2007, 06:01 PM »
No doubt LLS

taxid

« Reply #28 on: Oct 15, 2007, 10:06 PM »
Another thing is the tail (not the V) the spots.  Browns have spots on the edges of their tails, Landlocks do not.  Look at the tail in Homewoods Picture - No spots!

No necessarily. Some browns have no spots on their tails although typically they have a few on the top of the tail fin. But I've also seen fully spotted tails on browns.

This is a no brainer. It's a landlocked salmon spawning color phase. Head is different from a brown too.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

vivlamored

• Gotta Love the Adirondacks
« Reply #29 on: Oct 16, 2007, 06:05 PM »
Landlock Salmon.  It is not a brown.  A brown would have more of a blunt tail. 
its a landlock or ATlantic salmon see how its shapped like a dart
Don't use your sick days when you are sick use them when the fish are biting. It all looks the same on your time card

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.