FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 40" pike  (Read 11913 times)

pike46

• looking for my 30 pounder
Re: 40" pike
« Reply #30 on: Jun 29, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Museum Quality.

freezerfiller

« Reply #31 on: Jun 29, 2012, 10:19 PM »
always amazed at the number of people waiting to punch a hole in your sail when you post a pic of a fish that you're proud of. I say, great job, they would be illegal to posess if the DEC didn't want you to take some that size. Your fish, your decision

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #32 on: Jun 29, 2012, 10:55 PM »
Beautiful fish. Congratulations  to your dad!

When you buy your license, you buy the right to keep your limit of fish as described by law; NO ONE has the right to say otherwise, or that, in itself closely falls under the guile of sportsman harassment. Your dad bought the rights to that fish and used them as he saw fit. YAY!
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

freezerfiller

« Reply #33 on: Jun 30, 2012, 07:46 PM »
nicely put !!!!!!!

Hocfish

« Reply #34 on: Jul 01, 2012, 11:22 AM »
"If you want to improve a pike fishery, immediately put the 36"+ fish back. In fact don't even take them out of the water."

Hmmm....looks like his fish was out of the water in his hero shot.

Congrats on your Dad's fish Mr. Big Worm. Big pike are awesomely fierce predators, and fun to catch.  Glad your dad caught one.

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #35 on: Jul 01, 2012, 12:20 PM »
"If you want to improve a pike fishery, immediately put the 36"+ fish back. In fact don't even take them out of the water."

Hmmm....looks like his fish was out of the water in his hero shot.

Congrats on your Dad's fish Mr. Big Worm. Big pike are awesomely fierce predators, and fun to catch.  Glad your dad caught one.

Notice my quotation marks? I quoted it. I didnt type that.

thanks bud.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #36 on: Jul 01, 2012, 12:59 PM »
nice fish.

sucks he had to be killed.
YOUR NOT HAPPY,about this?????,HOW LONG would this fish LIVE in the wild,are you a tree hugger,ALL THINGS END.
90% OF all fisherman love the FISH and work at making sure  the fish are there next year,PLEASE LEARN,WE ALL NEED
TO KNOW ABOUT what we do
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

RoundLakeNY

« Reply #37 on: Jul 02, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Nice fish.  ITs always cool to see the ol man get on some nice fish.    Hope it tasted as good as it looked.   

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #38 on: Jul 02, 2012, 04:00 PM »
YOUR NOT HAPPY,about this?????,HOW LONG would this fish LIVE in the wild,are you a tree hugger,ALL THINGS END.
90% OF all fisherman love the FISH and work at making sure  the fish are there next year,PLEASE LEARN,WE ALL NEED
TO KNOW ABOUT what we do
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

Tree hugger? I dont think so. I cut tree's down for a living, so what does that make me then?

I just respect a fish thats as old as 20+ years and like to give other people and their children a chance to catch the same fish I do......

Aeaglos

« Reply #39 on: Jul 02, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Tree hugger? I dont think so. I cut tree's down for a living, so what does that make me then?

I just respect a fish thats as old as 20+ years and like to give other people and their children a chance to catch the same fish I do......

I get what both sides are saying here. I think the thing we all should keep in mind, is that it's not harmful to take the occasional large apex predator out of the environment as long as it's a heath fishery. I will keep a lunker every now and again, but mostly I just keep what I like to call "eating size" specimens. On the other hand it's just flat out responsible for us to bear in mind not to destroy our own fisheries by removing the prime spawning candidates. The best example one of my ecology professor gave me was to imagine the a healthy fish population in a lake as a pyramid of 10,000 bricks, you have to take proportionally many more out of bottom to disrupt the structure than if you started taking from the middle or the top.

Once again, amazing fish, That's one to be proud of!
Cheers!

dmntd169

« Reply #40 on: Jul 02, 2012, 06:54 PM »
thanks, it is a nice fish.  he actually caught it in a small lake where it did not belong.  when the water went high last year it swam over the locks and was probably doing major damage to the lake.  if it were caught in the big lake it most likely would have been released. 

did anyone who keeps saying it should have been released bother to read that part  ::) ::) 

my thoughts on it are its his legal right as a licensed fisherman to keep a legal fish. Given the fact that fish was taken from a body of water where it should not have been, I'd have harvested it to. Had it been a well established pike fishery I'd probably have released her, but given the fact it is not, I'd say I'd have harvested her as well
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #41 on: Jul 02, 2012, 08:21 PM »
im not sure how you guys can claim it was in a body of water where it should not have been. It got in there by nature right? Just like how every other fish species got in any other body of water. Everything happens for a reason.

freezerfiller

« Reply #42 on: Jul 02, 2012, 10:50 PM »
if that fish was legal size for that body of water im sure there are plenty more that size in there.  legal size varies by body of water for a reason

davejohnson2

« Reply #43 on: Jul 03, 2012, 07:37 AM »
man i still cant believe people are having a fi over this, he kept 1 fish, its not a big deal, i fish up around the st lawrence all winter long and with the number of pike kept out of there and out of the lakes around there there are still a ton of pike in there, heck we will catch 30 a day on some bodies of water

Cornbread

« Reply #44 on: Jul 03, 2012, 09:05 AM »
man i still cant believe people are having a fi over this, he kept 1 fish, its not a big deal, i fish up around the st lawrence all winter long and with the number of pike kept out of there and out of the lakes around there there are still a ton of pike in there, heck we will catch 30 a day on some bodies of water

I agree. Here in NW MT we have many lakes where you can take home your limit of 15 a day and you could do it every day of the year and not put a dent in the pike population, same with lake trout, the limit on them is 100 a day on Flathead lake or at least it was last year when I fished it, not sure what it is this year as I haven't been over there.
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.