FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kodiak Commando's A.K. adventures, check for updates.( big male coho)  (Read 7522 times)

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
Nice rainbow! I entirely agree on how difficult it is to take pictures of fish from a tube by yourself....tough.....really tough. I've got a few pics I'm waiting to get developed. There's a fishy swimming around out there that I wish I had a picture of. Nice 23" bow I got last weekend from the tube. It's really starting to pick up around here. Hope the tourney starts soon so we can get at 'er!
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
I went camping at a secret lake for rainbow trout on memorial weekend on saturday and sunday. The fishing wasn't too hot but my friend and i managed to catch 12 fish apiece, all over 15 inches with a few topping out at 24 inches. We were fly fishing from our float tubes in pretty deep water. As you can tell i zoomed in quite a bit on the pics so you can't see the lake backround, Gotta keep your secrets a secret right ;)

A nice 20 inch bow

A very colorful 16 incher

A fat 24 incher
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

TroutFishingBear

nice fish kodiak. Still waitin for the rivers to clear up here and for my pics of a few nice bows to be developed! How does the kenai and all of those rivers in AK you like fish during runoff?

Mikepike

Nice trout,  i wish i could catch rainbows!  :)

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Nice fish!

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
I went fishing the yesterday night for red salmon at the buskin river. I was going to pick up my dad at the airport so i decided to fish at the outlet of the lake. Right when i was about to leave i saw my strike indicator dissapear and i set the hook hard. A large male red salmon cleared the water several times and then took off downstream. I ran after the fish for about 100 yards and finally landed it after a 10 minute slugfest. Below is the pic of the fish that was destined for the frying pan!

Mikepike

SWEET! get it on a flyrod?!

PGKris

That's a pink right? Nice one 8) Good bows too!

Sailing team

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
I did get it on a fly rod and no it's not a pink pgkris it's a red aka sockeye salmon. Much harder to catch than pinks and they are a little bigger. Reds are widely considered the best eating salmon

TroutFishingBear

I'm sure reds are the best salmon as kokanee salmon (landlocked sockeyes) are the best eating fish I've ever had and I've eaten pink salmon and coho before. Those reds just remind me of big kokanees, get me drooling! You are so lucky, if I was around the bear might have stolen your fish ;D ;) LOL just kiddin but you got my hunger going now!

PGKris

Never heard em called reds before thats why I asked. Hard to tell the difference when they're silver like that. Not hard to catch if you know how  ;)

Sailing team

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
I went out at 4 in the morning today with kings on the brain. For the first time this year i busted out the 9 weight and boy it felt good :thumbup: . I fished a hole in the river for about 5 minutes when i saw a fish follow and hit the fly. I set the hook hard and a 18 pound kind started headshaking and took off downstream about 50 yards. After several minutes i landed the fish and found it was smaller than i thought but it didn't matter, a king is a king. Later on i caught a jack king which for those who don't know is a male salmon that returns earlier than normal so they are much smaller.

Me with an 18 pound male king salmon

The two kings side by side

Mikepike

Very nice salmon. How do they taste? ???

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
All The pacific salmon taste great as long as they are chrome in my mind. I would have to say i like silvers and reds the most but kings are still tasty.

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
those are some nice lokin kings
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.