FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: shrubs 2005 open water fishing epic ( update first off shore adventur8/28/05 .)  (Read 9955 times)

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
went out to the hunts with larry to night, and got my persanl best gill,9.5 inches,plus i brought home 2 crappi and i realsed 2 small gills and a 18 inch large mouth, i had the largest crappie (11.5inches) given to me, along with the brookie wich came out of a differnt body of water (the guy said it was a native but the meat looks like a stocke.

going to Lake George for my class trip this weekend, my group has all said were brigning the fishin rods ;) ;)

tight lines
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Mikepike

Nice. My persanlo best gill is unfortunately o.o lbs. cause i never caught one! ;D

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

devil-man

That is a slab! Congrats, Shrub  ;D

Robb

• Upstate NY
Those are some real beauties!!!

TroutFishingBear

That's a nice gill shrub, very nice! Especially for new york state, I've noticed most of the pictures of new york bluegill's are very skinny on the bottom, and not round compared to the ones here out west. That one looks like it came from here though. That is a bull bluegill for sure!

shrub

That's a nice gill shrub, very nice! Especially for new york state, I've noticed most of the pictures of new york bluegill's are very skinny on the bottom, and not round compared to the ones here out west. That one looks like it came from here though. That is a bull bluegill for sure!

Thanks t.f.b and by the way im from Vermont, we get some good ones up here, espeically out of the Connecticut  River, this one came out of the Hunts Medows wich is a set back of the C.T the average for me out of there is around 8 inches
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

PERCH INC.

• Monster Perch Rulz!!!!
That's called a BULLGILL!!!!!!!! ::)
Pass it on !! "Hunting and Fishing"

TroutFishingBear

Thanks t.f.b and by the way im from Vermont, we get some good ones up here, espeically out of the Connecticut  River, this one came out of the Hunts Medows wich is a set back of the C.T the average for me out of there is around 8 inches
sorry, thought you were from new york. I have heard tales of the connecticut river bluegill from 2 people now on this site.

wannagofishin

• fish on!!!
nice fish shrub :D :D
a bad day of fishin is better than a good day at school

shrub

haven't caught anything worth posting in a while, went out for large mouth today and caught one on a blue plastic worm rigged Texas style.  heres the pic.

the fish is 13.5 inches but the pics is pretty crappy and doesent do it justice.

I'm going cod fishing again in August as a makeup trip for the one i mentiond in on of my updates above. I'm pretty exited about that ;) ;)

good luck to everybody in the tourney, tight lines

shrub

went out to sherman resivor lastnight, and caught this little bugger, i was thinking that it was a dace or a fallfish but i dont know for sure.

we also caught about 20 perch between the two of us but we only got pics of the ones for the tourney.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
looks like a fallfish from this angle, buts it tough to id it without it being in hand.

shrub

thanks big red, it came out of sherman resivor, wich is connected to the deerfield river, herriman resivor is also fed by the deerfield and it has fallfish in it.

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Yeah, Lance is right, that's a fallfish.

Notice the deeply forked tail, and the orange fins-- definite characteristics of fallfish.

*Image courtesy of the West Virginia DNR*

-Zach

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Whoa...didn't realize the picture was going to be that big...it wasn't that big on the DNR website!  :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.