FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ChenBassHead on Tour 2006: Update 5-1: Mixed Bag (Page 4)  (Read 8457 times)

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Got out today for a couple hours between classes and hit a local year-round river for trout.  Ended up with only 3 rainbows for myself, and 1 for my friend Wes.  All came on waxies drifted about 4 feet under a float.  I missed a few and lost a real big fish as well, which I'm not so sure was a trout (maybe a walleye...the guy next to me caught a 26"er earlier in the morning).

First fish of the 2006 open water season  :w00t:  Not a big one, but sure was fun none-the-less.

Pretty little bow that I kept for the frying pan

Wes and his bow

The 2006 season is officially underway!  ;D

-Zach

BAZOOKAJOE

Re: ChenBassHead's Fish 2006: 3-30-06, Rainbows
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Glad to hear you got out.  That quote at the bottom is the best!!   :rotflol: :rotflol:

akdg

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Hey Zach, just so you know those fish are mainly put in there for the kids to fish on during springbreak.  There is a derby going on for kids 16-under from April 1-15th.  There are 25 tagged rainbows that if they catch they will win a prize.  So if you see some kids down there next week trying like heck to catch some fish it would be cool if you gave them a few pointers on how you do it.

State DEC Fish Culturalist Ken Klubek drains the tank used to transport 400 rainbow trout from the Adirondack Hatchery to stock the Saranac River Friday.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2006, 06:09 PM »
nice fish, cant wait to get some rainbows on the river

Fishing is life

MIRC!

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Jeeze, I didn't realize that they were put in there for that...I guess I probably "shouldn't" be fishing for them than, eh?  Right now they're stacked right up in one hole...we didn't see any tagged fish today or this evening.  I'll probably actually do a little fishing there tomorrow, seeing as there is nowhere else to go until Saturday (oh jeeze, one day... :P )...We're letting everything go, I just kept that one because it managed to get my size 12 hook lodged in its gills...  ::)  If I see any kids down there, I'll definitely help them catch some fish.  Still not sure where I'm going this weekend though...

-Zach

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2006, 08:14 PM »
them'z are some cute little rainbows.  :w00t: :w00t: :thumbup_smilie: nice bright colors.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Oh jeeze, my fish are "cute."  :P :laugh: Jeeze, if they were brookies they would be nice...but being that they're stocked 'bows, they're just "cute"... haha Okay, so they might be little, stockie bows, but it was fun to get out and catch a few fish in the short amount of time I had....I'm going to the Ausable one of these weekends, so I'll try to get something a little less "cute" for all of you to see.

-Zach

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2006, 08:59 PM »
it's harder to caught those little ones, just like it's harder to shoot those littler ones, too.  ;)
They are nice fish, and what a great day it has been the last few days to be out doing what we all enjoy, FISHING.  ;D  8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Fishingking

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2006, 09:10 PM »
Those are some really CUTE stocked Kiddy Trout lol

J/k a fish is still better then no fish :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2006, 09:19 PM »
Tim, I was goin nuts not being able to fish (just don't trust the ice...  ::) ) so these were a blessing in disguise...I'll be home in a week or 2, looking forward to the shore fishing!  ;D

-Zach

Deposit

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2006, 06:35 AM »
Hey anyfish is better than no fish, even if the are cute LOL, Bet it was good to get out?

Pikeguy

« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2006, 08:04 AM »
Hey, when you've got nice weather and running water you gotta get out there. Cute or ugly be glad they're fish ;D

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2006, 08:40 AM »
Hey...stay out of the "kiddie" pool.  Those poor kids won't have any fish to catch.   :police:

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 31, 2006, 09:47 AM »
glad to see you made it out and caught some fish!!  good luck Sat.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

fishboy

« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2006, 11:45 AM »
Nice one Zach takin fish from Children,  whats next?  muggin little old ladies,  tisk tisk, what has this world come to?  i was gonna invite you out when i go with my daughter but now I'm afraid you might push her overboard and take her rod. 

Nice fish man. I'm jealous, at least you're gettin out! even if your takin opportunity away from orphans and homeless people. :D
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.