FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 91 merc problem  (Read 9171 times)

Mac Attack

Re: 91 merc problem
« Reply #45 on: Jul 27, 2018, 05:28 PM »
It's all fun and games until someone melts a piston Mac.

Yup!

Lol

boondox

« Reply #46 on: Jul 28, 2018, 03:20 AM »

I'm a combustion engineer.
40+ yrs.
ME too.

Also built and raced "vehicles" over the years.

Put myself thru college wrenching on engines and transmissions in my dad's auto shop.

I tried to "dumb down" or simplify my response to his original post, as he was incorrect in what he was "trying" to say.

But that's ok.

I'll be busy for a while now.
Out googling sites for "more research".

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I would  go get your money back on that degree cause obviously they did not teach you about any thing!!  like humility.. by the way mac every thing you pointed out makes me correct on what I said.. cause its same thing as your saying  thanks for proving me correct... except for 10:1 ratio Is incorrect  for gasoline and correct for alcohol.. now if you read link below  gasoline is a 14.7:1 for stoich any thing above stoich is lean any thing below is rich like I was saying in posts 6 and 7 of this thread...and thanks again for proving me more them correct by the way mac that link  is correct just got to scroll down to read the garret turbos site that points out gasoline stoich is 14.7:1 and thanks again mac for the good laugh..

Scroll down on this hyper link to see the garret Web site pointing out that stoich is 14.7:1 on gasoline engines..

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-att-us&source=android-browser&q=air+fuel+ratio

lowaccord66

« Reply #47 on: Jul 28, 2018, 06:13 AM »
I prefer a nice precision turbo myself...  8)

Mac Attack

« Reply #48 on: Jul 28, 2018, 08:35 AM »
I prefer a nice precision turbo myself...  8)

Twin?

;)

lowaccord66

« Reply #49 on: Jul 30, 2018, 09:30 PM »
Twin?

;)

I guess the topic here has run its course soo...

Those are large single ball bearing turbos they spin up pretty fast despite having large AR's.

More on topic...merc makes a supercharged outboard.  Crazy to me because boost is a tricky, fickle thing, performance constantly changing with the weather....I wonder how reliable they are...

fishlessman

« Reply #50 on: Jul 31, 2018, 07:49 AM »
how quick does a supercharged merc get to 2.2 mph 8)

i just retired my 89 dakota that i purchased in 1989, 125 hp slug, 0 to 60 in 25 seconds. replaced it with a 2010 510 hp rover, this has been a learning experience, if i stop posting here you will know i rolled it

changed to a different tank on the boat, its the gas line, hoping when the floor was put in last they made the line access loose and didnt just foam it in solid. i can change out the water separator and line to the motor easily, theres no good access under the floor, thats a job for the fall

Mac Attack

« Reply #51 on: Jul 31, 2018, 09:41 AM »

changed to a different tank on the boat, its the gas line,

glad you found the problem

:clapping:

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #52 on: Jul 31, 2018, 11:23 AM »

changed to a different tank on the boat, its the gas line, hoping when the floor was put in last they made the line access loose and didnt just foam it in solid. i can change out the water separator and line to the motor easily, theres no good access under the floor, thats a job for the fall
[/quote]

We had you with response 1 and 2. LOL

Some great info in this thread that's for sure!
Wicked Wec

JDK

« Reply #53 on: Jul 31, 2018, 11:31 AM »
Thankfully there was some close project coordination and preliminary operational tests proved conclusive. ;D

# SAND

fishlessman

« Reply #54 on: Jul 31, 2018, 12:24 PM »

We had you with response 1 and 2. LOL

Some great info in this thread that's for sure!

getting close, it could be the tank vent line breaking down ;D

fishlessman

« Reply #55 on: Jul 31, 2018, 12:33 PM »
Thankfully there was some close project coordination and preliminary operational tests proved conclusive. ;D

also known as the ballmer peak

stguy

« Reply #56 on: Jul 31, 2018, 12:54 PM »
Assuming that your boat has a built in tank, it could be your anti-siphon valve, unlike a plasma containment field for your flux capacitor, it really is a thing, and they can cause the kind of problem your having.

lowaccord66

« Reply #57 on: Aug 03, 2018, 12:14 PM »

SAT words gallore! 

Fishlessman...having worked on a few of them...I hope you have better luck fishing! 

Mac Attack

« Reply #58 on: Aug 04, 2018, 05:07 PM »
You guys play nice or you’re gonna go sit in the car

fishlessman

« Reply #59 on: Sep 17, 2018, 02:55 PM »
and for whatever reason it works great now, no need to fix it now ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.