FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: X Rap  (Read 6573 times)

Reelmaster

X Rap
« on: May 09, 2005, 09:04 AM »
has anyone tried these new lures. I have seen them in magazines and on some Fishing shows but havent heard of any one using them yet. We finally got them in stores here now. What species are they good for.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

JigNasty

Re: X Rap
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:28 AM »
I bought a few last week and have to admit, I was a little scared purchasing them for the price they are asking, but, after a week of torturing each and every fish, I am having a hard time taking this bait off my spider line. This lure is absolutely unbelievable. I have been hammering smally's, pike and walleye about every 5 casts. I was in an area with about 10 other guys and I was the ONLY one boating fish after fish. Congrats to Rapala for another job well done!

phead lakeman

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 08:33 PM »
well jig nasty i bought one mysef i hope i have the same luck ive heard alot about them but no reports of how they work ill be using one friday on my lake cant wait to get out a whole weekend of straight fishing another day in paradise.

Fish-trap

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 09:01 AM »
I picked one up too, but haven't had a chance to get out and try it yet. It sure looks deadly. I'm going out this week and am going to try it out, I'll post up on how it worked.
Can't catch a fish without a line in the water....

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 09:09 AM »
I'm in the same boat, I picked up one up but have yet to use it. But with the above recommendation I think it will get its inauguration this weekend as we welcome in the pickerel season in my area

phead lakeman

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 04:48 AM »
how  do you think i should work the lure stop and go bring it real slow or real fast stop and go with a jerk every so often????

Reelmaster

« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Man I must say this lure works awesome.  We mainly trolled with it with some big walleyes loving this lure ( check RM and Grump hit the glass in Manitoba board) My first fish was on the retieve as we were moving to a different spot and i was reeling in quickly and whamo. I think i just found a new fav lure. I bought the silver color and it worked awesome.

devil-man

« Reply #7 on: Jun 13, 2005, 01:41 PM »
I'm going to Gander Mtn. tomorrow.
I hope they have some in stock!
I've heard a lot of great things about them.

Toadhunter

« Reply #8 on: Jun 13, 2005, 02:36 PM »
How deep did you troll with them. I bought a couple but haven't got to use them.
Man I must say this lure works awesome.  We mainly trolled with it with some big walleyes loving this lure ( check RM and Grump hit the glass in Manitoba board) My first fish was on the retieve as we were moving to a different spot and i was reeling in quickly and whamo. I think i just found a new fav lure. I bought the silver color and it worked awesome.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 13, 2005, 02:46 PM »
awesome, awesome bait -  I like the HOT STEEL color. 
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

hardysf

« Reply #10 on: Jun 13, 2005, 07:30 PM »
i dont know what the rapala name for it is, but the color that resembles a perch fished in a deeper lake, will catch all the pike and bass you want, with an occasional walleye. I use the 4-6 ft suspending ones, and rip it over weeds and twitch. caught 2 pike over 34 inches in one night and a 18.5 inch bass.

grumpymoe

« Reply #11 on: Jun 13, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Here she be!!!! ;D ;D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/mountainmama/fishing586.jpg....dives 5-11ft on the troll......another great lure from Rapala.......go get em.....Grump

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #12 on: Jun 13, 2005, 10:32 PM »
great lures, takes nice eyes and lots of smallies

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=7232.0

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #13 on: Jun 14, 2005, 01:02 AM »
I am going to buy some to use for pike and for night walleyes. They will mostly be for pike though in my use.
Tell me, how is their action in comparison to a husky jerk? How deep do they run and how well do they suspend?

Reelmaster

« Reply #14 on: Jun 14, 2005, 09:16 AM »
MAckdaddy I was hitting bottom at 8 feet and went away around the 12 foot mark. Its suspends awesome and the fish cant resist it. I love the action of it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.