FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Well...Today is the Day...  (Read 4230 times)

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
Re: Well...Today is the Day...
« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2005, 03:05 PM »
Congratulations, Zach, now the fun really begins!  And I mean it 2 ways - you're going to have a blast attending college with others who share your interests, both in nature, and in party times.  When I went to college, I tried to separate the two as much as possible, and gave my self 24 hrs off a week, from Sat. noon to Sunday noon.  Almost all the rest of the time was spent working on assignments, attending class and reviewing class notes and studying.  But that 24 hrs was mine, and I spent a good deal of it fishing, snoozing and partying.
     And absolutely listen to rgfixit - he's telling the truth here.  I retired after nearly 30 yrs as a middle-level employee in a nature-related field (I don't want to get specific), and I rejected probably 95% of potential job candidates based on their resumes.  And when a candidate was accepted for an interview, I ALWAYS phoned their references afterwards, particularly past employers.   One hint for maybe this summer, and definitely next summer, is that if at all possible, get a job related to your potential career.  My work on a farm and then at a zoo for 2 summers, weren't related exactly to my final career, but showed where my interests lay.
     All this depends on the financing of your schooling.   If you need to go where the money is, then by all means take a job that pays.  Staying in school is your #1 job.  And above all, have fun during these years, you'll always remember them, and the friends you made.

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2005, 03:57 PM »
Congrats Zach. What else can I say after the previous replies. There's lots of good advice there. But did I miss something? Seems I haven't found any posts about your Sr. trip. How'd it go?
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #17 on: Jun 25, 2005, 04:41 PM »
thats great Zach Congratulations!  :clapping:  Good luck in the future with college and life, you are a smart guy and i know you will conquer anything you set your sights on so enjoy your summer!!
Scotty 

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #18 on: Jun 25, 2005, 07:09 PM »
Congrats and good luck Zach. The only thing I can tell ya is; don't worry about packing up your bong with you, there will be lot's of guys at school with one. ;D ;D ;D :whistling:
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

grumpymoe

« Reply #19 on: Jun 25, 2005, 08:27 PM »
Congrats Zach.....job well done in school......here on MFF....and in your future......we're all behind you all the way......WTG....Grump

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #20 on: Jun 26, 2005, 08:08 AM »
Congrats Zach. Put on those shades 8), the futures looking bright ;D Good work.
Ahhh to be young again. Enjoy it.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #21 on: Jun 26, 2005, 09:24 AM »
WTG Zach!! My sister had her grad yesterday too. Fasten your seatbelt put the hammer down and don't look back 8)

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #22 on: Jun 26, 2005, 10:37 AM »
Congrats Zach!!

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

eyedoktr

« Reply #23 on: Jun 26, 2005, 05:28 PM »
Congrats Zach.Maybe with a little more education, you'll rename yourself ChenWalleyeHead     :laugh:
Pete Lewis

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #24 on: Jun 26, 2005, 06:30 PM »
Congrats Zach.Maybe with a little more education, you'll rename yourself ChenWalleyeHead     :laugh:

LOL
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #25 on: Jun 27, 2005, 01:06 PM »
Congratulations Zach on your special day.:)
Good luck in all that you do, and remember to always follow your dream.;)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

carpcatcher

« Reply #26 on: Jun 27, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I've read all the replie's and noone has told Zack that with all his time on here and IS he already has a BS degree in fisheries ;D. Have fun and learn as much as possible.
       Jim
Love 2 fish

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #27 on: Jun 27, 2005, 03:27 PM »
Congrats and good luck dude.  Definitely put the time in to succeed in school, but also don't forget to enjoy your free time.  Life is short, (you will see what I mean when as you get older - every year goes by faster and faster - it seems like I just graduated HS and was looking forward to turning 21, and now I'm 40) so enjoy every minute possible...
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

fishaholic1970

« Reply #28 on: Jun 27, 2005, 09:24 PM »
Right on Zach! Thing's may have turned out a little different for me, had I graduated. Im not complaining (yeah right) , But I have always felt I was put on this Earth for a reason. Just a feeling I have , that I have not lived up to my potential (Yet) . So I say to you " Congradulations"! As many have said , life is short. Stay on the right path, but don't forget to live it up! Party on Zach.

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #29 on: Jun 27, 2005, 09:38 PM »
college just means one thing. its going to be tuff to get up and go fishing in the morning. if u know what im talking about. have fun and good luck. any pics of ur tripp to the islands? we have some under archbishop and friends in off topic section
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.