FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 1405 times)

bigr

Re: PERCH
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2024, 10:45 AM »
Thanks all for the info. This will be my first trip out onto the big lake. Perch is our primary target over the clay flats followed by trolling in close to shore. Not sure we know what we're doing but this is the best way to learn. Wish us luck. Marine forecast looks right for our smaller Lund with 50 horse. Headed out now for the light display that begins in a few hrs. No clouds at this time. I think we should have good observation of sun. I'll report our experience on weds when I'm back in office.

TimW

« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2024, 07:34 AM »
Well I wish you luck. We will be at the marina in the AM to put the Wildkat 2 in the water for the season. We'll be gone by noon but we are hoping to fish on Wednesday.

bigr

« Reply #17 on: Apr 10, 2024, 05:16 AM »
Tuesday was a nice day to be on the water at least til early afternoon. We were on the mud flats around 8 along with maybe 12 other boats. Everyone very friendly and sharing info. Water was flat and calm so staying over your line was easy. From all that we talked to and watching not a fish was marked or caught for the two and a half hrs.' we fished. Word was the perch have left the area and no one can find them. Most the experience guides were saying you'll need to wait a few weeks now for the next bite. We moved in close to shore for the remainder of the day staying close to the mouth in 15 to 30 ft of water trolling for coho. That bite was very slow also according to the locals. There opinion was the good bite on the south end was over and better fishing is showing up further up the lake. All in all we had a good new experience. Learning timing is everything. We'll try it again hopefully when i get word the hot bit is on and weather doesn't change things. We ended the day with two small coho around two lbs. We're nearly 3 hrs.' from lake mi or Erie so i think we'll give Erie a try next time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.