FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Governor Sununu is an enemy of NHF&G Remember in Nov.  (Read 6142 times)

taxid

Re: Governor Sununu is an enemy of NHF&G Remember in Nov.
« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2018, 09:47 AM »
All the big lakes are developed, can't escape that if you want big, deep lakes in NH.

If you want to see developed lakes some to the midwest. I haven't seen anything in the northeast like the development out here. A complete row of houses around a lake, a perimeter road, then another row of houses, and many times even more houses. Almost completely ringed with concrete seawalls. Two lakes near me have been incorporated as towns. And the anchoring and fishing in those lakes in the summer is like sitting in the middle of a carnival with the waves going up and down like a hurricane. Don't even get me started on the rude and ignorant boaters and personal watercraft users.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #31 on: Oct 03, 2018, 07:31 AM »
If you want to see developed lakes some to the midwest. I haven't seen anything in the northeast like the development out here. A complete row of houses around a lake, a perimeter road, then another row of houses, and many times even more houses. Almost completely ringed with concrete seawalls. Two lakes near me have been incorporated as towns. And the anchoring and fishing in those lakes in the summer is like sitting in the middle of a carnival with the waves going up and down like a hurricane. Don't even get me started on the rude and ignorant boaters and personal watercraft users.

Yeah, I suppose we should count our blessings. I have heard that about many lakes out there, like the Great Ozark Lake for example. If you go to Google Earth and look at the satellite imagery it's just insane the amount of houses. I think there are said to be 50,000 houses on that lake. Not possible on even the largest lakes here in the Northeast. And I have heard the same about ignorant boaters and PWC users out there.

taxid

« Reply #32 on: Oct 03, 2018, 09:55 AM »
I will probably offend someone here but I was in Ozark country with the wife a few years ago and was not impressed. What they consider mountains are not mountains in my book, and to call some of the areas down there tourist traps is an understatement. I abhor tourist traps.

Let's just hope your lakes don't end up like ours.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.