FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513115 times)

MILLERMANKT

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4260 on: Jun 10, 2021, 10:40 PM »
I've tried trenching them with good results , but I've also had plants shoot up from the buried part instead of just roots

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4261 on: Jun 12, 2021, 05:10 AM »
Me and the two little Amish girls got 4000 mums planted yesterday.....   There a lot faster than this old guy..,, 8)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4262 on: Jun 12, 2021, 06:35 AM »
I use this one.

Huge variety and so easy. I just scratch up the soil with a hard rake, spread and walk around on it to push it in a bit. Stuff starts blooming by the end of may and continues right to the hard frost.

You’ll love it. We’re always amazed at all the flowers.

Rg

RG, think it’s too late to throw this down on a newly cleared space?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4263 on: Jun 12, 2021, 09:04 AM »
Nope! Just scatter and rake in a little. Give it a little water and that’s all you have to do. You’ll have flowers till late fall.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

DANMAN

« Reply #4264 on: Jun 15, 2021, 06:44 PM »
New raised beds this year from rough cut lumber.  Pea pirates already after the vines. 😜

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4265 on: Jun 15, 2021, 09:13 PM »
Dan,
Very nice layout. Impressive!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4266 on: Jun 16, 2021, 04:25 AM »
Looking good Dan..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4267 on: Jun 17, 2021, 03:07 PM »
Your garden embarrassed me. It’s a really nice job.

I went out to corral my potatoes and asparagus as they were going pretty wild. As usual with an old guy (with time on his hands) it turned into a clean out and upgrade.

Cleared out the old and laid down new weed barrier and mulch. Then I decided that my potting bench was just plain too big. It has always blocked my access to the back beds. So into the shop it went. When I’m done it’ll be 2 benches. One for potting and one for storage.

Thanks for the inspiration Dan.

Rg
I’ll post some pics of the renovation when it’s done.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #4268 on: Jun 17, 2021, 07:30 PM »
Looks sharp RG, nice work. 

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4269 on: Jun 19, 2021, 04:48 AM »
These ramps were really good, I hope the garlic is doing well under the dirt. It's like waiting for xmas.  8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4270 on: Jun 19, 2021, 06:33 AM »
Pulled my first batch of radishes a couple days ago.

Sweet and mild Early Scarlet Globe.

Rg

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4271 on: Jun 20, 2021, 06:22 AM »
Pickled the garlic scapes last week. Forgot to send the pics.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4272 on: Jun 20, 2021, 06:28 AM »
Garden is humming along nicely. Had a small issue with ants but a little Sevin dust took care of them. Rabbits are driving me crazy and are a constant battle. The d**n local fox went and got hit by a car and the rabbits are taking over. Have more fencing this year than I ever did in the past. Most years I didn’t use any. Wife is against the pellet gun, but if they get her sunflowers again I think she will be on board.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4273 on: Jun 20, 2021, 06:31 AM »
Pulled my first batch of radishes a couple days ago.

Sweet and mild Early Scarlet Globe.

Rg
Looking good! I love radishes and we have been eating a ton of them. Have my third batch growing now.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4274 on: Jun 20, 2021, 06:40 AM »
I’ll plant some more radishes today. I’ve got spinach going in the trough planter as well? I fenced the rabbits out last year. Had 2 living in the gardens although they didn’t do any damage.

Which radish variety do you plant for warmer weather? The early scarlet globes will bolt if it gets too warm. I was thinking of switching to Champions. They’re a bit stronger and smaller than the globes.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.