FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: wrights landing  (Read 15507 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: wrights landing
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 01:29 PM »
Nearly the wettest spring on record. All the lakeshore residents are crying for my tax dollars for break walls, repairs etc...etc....etc. Mostly they blame "Plan 2014" for the high levels and not good old Mother Nature.

Rg

RG blaming  plan 2014 only is common since , if you don't let out as much water  as is  coming in ,the level  goes up under the plane  they  can't lower the lake in the  fall  nor  change  flow  depending on run off  ...it isn't  working   it  went in effect  summer  0f  2016   spring of  2017  flood  .... above  average   rain  in 2019 flood  .....all in hopes  of  keeping the  lake  at  a  consistent level???? nature  never did that and it worked out just fine 

good  news  it will be a  great lake Ontario  perch year  ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 02:25 PM »
ain't that something ,and I have to be honest it isn't safe down there right now a wave could go right up into the parking lot or someone could walk off the wall into deep water

jperch

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2019, 04:17 PM »
ain't that something ,and I have to be honest it isn't safe down there right now a wave could go right up into the parking lot or someone could walk off the wall into deep water
I bet the rockies are sleeping better now at night Trapper!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 05:24 PM »
If they let as much water out as is coming in everything downstream of Messina would be feet under water. Lowering the lake level by 1 inch increases the St Lawrence at Montreal by 11 inches. Not to mention the immediate impact on billions of dollars of shipping.

It's a serious balancing act and I wouldn't want the job. A lose lose situation for sure.

Just look at Oneida and multiply that by the Great Lakes drainage system. Blaming Plan 2014 is ignorance of the facts.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2019, 05:34 PM »
The Ottawa river which flows into the st Lawrence is all ready over it’s banks so I’m told , so more water would flood Montreal , and I’m betting that’s not happening , just a guess

trapper2000

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2019, 05:40 PM »
no  before plan 2014  the lake would have  been lowered   during the fall and  winter   they can't do that under  plan 2014  so you have the lake  built up then the increase  of run off and rain and now where  again stuck  ....scrape  2014 and  go back to lowering in the fall and  winter  works on all the other lakes 

when you can't get to your boat  remember how green and  safe  hydropower is   ::)

filetandrelease

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2019, 06:11 PM »

http://But that report estimated the Plan 2014 would, on average, increase the lake level by only 2 inches over Plan 1958D. Lake Ontario is now 27 inches above the long-term average for May.

While it’s little comfort to homeowners, the report noted that damage to coastal development is inevitable under any regulation plan. Under Plan 1958D, the report estimated, high water levels caused about $15.5 million in damage. That would increase by $2 million, the report said, although it would affect mostly sea walls and other retaining structures, not houses.

This year, as in 2017, Lake Ontario is taking in more water than it can let out. Upstream, Lake Erie has reached record levels thanks to heavy rains across the Great Lakes basin, and has been dumping water into Lake Ontario at unprecedented rates. About 85 percent of the water that flows into Lake Ontario comes from Erie.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2019, 06:14 PM »
Exactly!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2019, 06:30 PM »
Type type search search....... :-\

Can't argue the facts.

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2019, 08:13 PM »
but if the lake had been lowered in the fall and winter  the water wouldn't be as high as it is now only stands to reason .....exact reason they lower the finger lakes every year

Mac Attack

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2019, 09:00 PM »
but if the lake had been lowered in the fall and winter  the water wouldn't be as high as it is now only stands to reason .....exact reason they lower the finger lakes every year

And most reservoirs Trap.

trapper2000

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2019, 09:03 PM »
yup common since  mac

gotagetm

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2019, 09:50 PM »
Wow,you should run for president or office of some kind sounds like you have all the answers to straighten it all out !! Hahaha

jperch

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2019, 09:56 PM »
It has been an unusually wet spring of course and I guess the outflow system is just not robust enough to respond.  I think it also has been more cloudy than usual which may reduce evaporation of the great lakes?  They can't accurately predict these things a year in advance.  I heard from a relative that the St. Lawrence is a minefield now with wayward docks, trees, barrels and other debris.

It is what it is for now.  I say drink more water and flush less often, we can all do our part. :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.