FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: wrights landing  (Read 15516 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: wrights landing
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2019, 03:01 AM »
If you read the reports( a little research) you'll find that throughout 2017 and 2018 discharge levele were way above normal and at maximum given it's effect on downstream  St Lawrence. Unfortunately there's no magical way to send more water to the ocean without drowning everything in its path. Simply put, we've created a system to try and control amounts of water flow that are uncontrollably high.

No different than much of the mid west where the Missouri River is overflowing or the floods in Louisiana in 2016.

As I said before, lowering the level of Lake Ontario by 1" raises the level of the St. Lawrence by 11". Lake Ontario was 27" above normal. If it were discharged it would equate to 24 feet of water rise downstream. Not to mention that to lower Lake Ontario as some think , the flow from Lake Erie would have to be stopped. Lake Erie provides 85% of the water that feeds Lake Ontario.

It's not about what they did or didn't do last fall. It's just 3 years of extraordinary rainfall.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2019, 05:56 AM »
again the water release  over the summer was according to 2014 in a attempt to keep lake Ontario ar  the projected  plus minus 4 feet ....more water could have been let  out....it wasn't  they followed  the 2014 plan ......  leaving the lake  at what they considered the desirable level ..... research all you want  you can't pure more water in a full glass .....

Gov Cuomo touched on this  Sunday at Oswego marina  ..... lake Ontario  does a lot less damage a  foot low  in the  summer  them  3 foot high now...... you keep  researching  RG   we'll fix it  don't worry

side note  Rudy's is still open the Texas Hots and fish sandwiches are great  but the have sand bags out back  to stop damage if the wind picks up

and I still caught some dukes and 2 smallies lol ...becareful that water is  scary high
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2019, 06:38 AM »
I'll sleep better knowing your on the case.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2019, 07:21 AM »
Glad to hear Rudy's is still ok for the time being. If the current trend continues, while the Army engineers are around, they could get approved for a pier system drive through for boaters.... :w00t:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2019, 07:24 AM »
There used to be a floating hot dog stand on I-Bay in the summer. It was kind of cool to pull up and get boat side service.

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2019, 07:41 AM »
Glad to hear Rudy's is still ok for the time being. If the current trend continues, while the Army engineers are around, they could get approved for a pier system drive through for boaters.... :w00t:

years ago Rudy's had a dock for boats  ,not sure what happened to it

ilike the drive there idea  :rotflol:

trapper2000

« Reply #36 on: Jun 02, 2019, 05:04 AM »
IT"S OFFICIAL

The water level in Lake Ontario hit a modern-day high on Friday, exceeding by a sliver the record set just two years ago.

The preliminary calculation for Friday showed the lake at 248.98 feet above sea level. That surpassed the record of 248.95 feet, which was reached on four different days in late May 2017.

all boats are being removed from wrights landing .....first time for this

see if I can get some more pictures today

filetandrelease

« Reply #37 on: Jun 02, 2019, 06:22 AM »

Pain in the groin moving those tubs
They are saying as much as an inch above the 2017 record ,  but could be higher  as Erie may break a record set in 1986 ,plus the added rain figuring in ,

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #38 on: Jun 02, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Erie is sure dumping a lot of water into Lake O.

Sure puts a damper on a lot of business. Is Oneida high because of rain or inflow from the canal system?

Looked to me like the creek I fish nearby came up 6" or so overnight although the USGS monitoring station doesn't reflect my opinion. Fished it yesterday and it was high, but reasonable. Really riled up this morning. Must have rained a lot to the south of us. Not much other than sprinkles around here.

filetandrelease

« Reply #39 on: Jun 02, 2019, 08:14 AM »

RG they had rain south of me hard , far as Oneida they have it under control , as of last Thursday I walked out on dry land to cast and the week before I used my hippers to get to the same spot ,my knee boots might have worked just avoiding the splash over

reeleyz

« Reply #40 on: Jun 02, 2019, 09:44 AM »
Oneida dropped about a foot in the last 2 weeks.

trapper2000

« Reply #41 on: Jun 02, 2019, 02:34 PM »
the record was surpassed Friday the lake is even higher today....... I say we all stop wasting time and move rudys across the street now!

filetandrelease

« Reply #42 on: Jun 02, 2019, 06:44 PM »

Made a run to Oswego this afternoon , it’s not a pretty sight ,

trapper2000

« Reply #43 on: Jun 02, 2019, 07:20 PM »
down there myself freddie

on the  way  out i hit  48 just  as i got next to the golf course  this  guy was out  during the  day time and he looked  sick  i warned a  jogger and a  guy walking his  dog

you might have to zoom in to really see him he looked  bad
it wasn't mange i never seen a fox look so sick

trapper2000

« Reply #44 on: Jun 04, 2019, 06:20 AM »
you can still get to the launch area of wrights   and 3 charter boats are still running off the main dock the  road is now barricaded with a no trespassing sign the parking lot is flooded worse and yesterday afternoon  had waves in the parking lot ......without doubt I never seen flooding in lake Ontario like this..........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.