FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336895 times)

scout57

Re: NY Fisherman 2016 Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #180 on: Nov 16, 2016, 12:14 PM »
nice deer fellers.......have had a pretty good season myself so far......arrowed a 7 point two weeks ago here in nys......not huge but a good eater.....made my annual bow hunting trip to my buddies place in Georgia and limited out on bucks.....lol......arrowed a decent 8 point on saturday and dropped a unique 11 point on monday that I am having mounted .....main frame 9 with 2 stickers on the base of the antlers.....pretty cool......donated all the meat to the local food banks.......what a great place to hunt.....saw at least 8 bucks and countless does in 4 days of hunting....can't wait till next year.......I hope to figure this photobucket thing out someday to post pics.....hard to believe we can't come up with an easier way to post.....oh well

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #181 on: Nov 16, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Thanks guys!
Nice job findin em

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #182 on: Nov 16, 2016, 06:19 PM »
All the stories and pics are what make the sight worth visiting, thanks for sharing everyone, ill figure out the pic thing someday or my kids will for me ha It be nice if it were as easy as driving a nail or screw ha
done dirt cheap!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #183 on: Nov 16, 2016, 06:20 PM »
well I  got a  funny racked 4 point   not much for bone  but he was  big  and he was full rut ...... can't  give a big  story  was  wet out  I was  thinking coffee  hit the grunt call  and seen  him  walk  right in ....with  my archery skills  being  equal to  robin hood and  seeing  he was  15 yards away  I  let  her  fly ..... might have  been a  little  high and  may have  taken awhile  to  find  him  but  all turned out well ...I  was  so happy I clicked a  few  pictures   and  laid  my  trusty recurve  on  top  of him ....set my  phone on my back pack...gutted  deer  taking my  time .... kind of  lost in the  moment   it  started raining .....  to  cut the  story  short I  went  to the truck  got my  cart  loaded the  deer    loaded  every  thing up and  went to make a few calls to brag ..... you got it I need a  new phone  :(

oh  well  life  is  still good  I had a  great  bow  season  and  even   got lucky and  found a  dumb  one .....the  phone  had a crack in the  screen  anyways
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #184 on: Nov 16, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Nice Trap!  Sounds like dinner to me
Nice job findin em

reeleyz

« Reply #185 on: Nov 17, 2016, 05:06 AM »
Nice job Trap and Scout!

kc

« Reply #186 on: Nov 17, 2016, 09:02 AM »
 Had a great time in Kansas this year. Saw multiple bucks every day. My last day there was the first day of pheasant season. I have never seen so many birds. It was like being on a tv show. I managed 2 birds and lost a few runners.

I shaved a strip of hair off a nice 10 point. Didn't draw any blood. Then had this guy come in and had a 15 yard shot. It was a little longer tracking job than I figured, but it was easy to follow.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #187 on: Nov 17, 2016, 09:59 AM »
Great job KC...   Congratulations....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #188 on: Nov 17, 2016, 10:00 AM »
Last Saturday after noon my brother arowed a buck with the Xbow..   Very close shot.   Bolt went through and stuck in a tree...    Blood and hair on the rage but not at the site..  Ran into a huge swamp..    He let it go and 4 of us were there at sun up the next morning...  Just buy accident we found blood on a sapling 40 yards away where it brushed against it...  Blood up high on the wood bout 2 1/2 feet..  But nothing else till we found a spot where we had a "spot" of blood on both side of the trail but that was it...  So fanning out again we found this another 40 yards away..  My brother said it happened so fast hes not sure if this is his buck or not..   Seemed kind of fresh, lots of hair and not smelling bad but no gut pile or fresh blood..
My question is can this be cleaned like this in 14 hours?  

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #189 on: Nov 17, 2016, 10:18 AM »
KC, a dandy buck right there, congratulations! Bird hunting sounds awesome!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #190 on: Nov 17, 2016, 11:06 AM »
Raquettedacker, I had a co-worker tell me he had a buck eaten overnight. No pictures so I don't know what he meant by, "eaten"?
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #191 on: Nov 17, 2016, 03:10 PM »
Last Saturday after noon my brother arowed a buck with the Xbow..   Very close shot.   Bolt went through and stuck in a tree...    Blood and hair on the rage but not at the site..  Ran into a huge swamp..    He let it go and 4 of us were there at sun up the next morning...  Just buy accident we found blood on a sapling 40 yards away where it brushed against it...  Blood up high on the wood bout 2 1/2 feet..  But nothing else till we found a spot where we had a "spot" of blood on both side of the trail but that was it...  So fanning out again we found this another 40 yards away..  My brother said it happened so fast hes not sure if this is his buck or not..   Seemed kind of fresh, lots of hair and not smelling bad but no gut pile or fresh blood..
My question is can this be cleaned like this in 14 hours?  

I don't think the butcher got my deer carcass that clean.  Wow. 

kc

« Reply #192 on: Nov 17, 2016, 03:56 PM »
I have seen it happen in Kansas. If you have  a lot of coyotes around, could be

reeleyz

« Reply #193 on: Nov 17, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Nice buck kc.

This was 14 hours after the shot but not sure when they actually got on it.

mcully

« Reply #194 on: Nov 19, 2016, 07:34 AM »
Anyone PM me a contact  and I'll send a pic of my buck last year you can post. Pretty clean after 8 hours. Don't do P Bucket

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.