FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336993 times)

pimplepounder

Re: NY Fisherman 2016 Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #240 on: Nov 29, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Attack the only part of what you just posted that I understood was the FREE part......and that just fine with me hahaha I am about as simple as you can get but I trust you know what you are talking about and keeping the cost down is a good thing

SPN

« Reply #241 on: Nov 29, 2016, 06:24 PM »
Great pics DC!!! Looking good Tank!!

Sean
Kids Who  Grow up Fishing Hunting and Trapping won't rob little old ladies!!

zadvorney

« Reply #242 on: Nov 30, 2016, 09:24 PM »
[imghttp://[/img]
Was able to connect on this nice doe the other day. Was stalking along in a willow flat and a woodcock flew up from my feet. I jumped out of my skin. As I was watching it fly away I remarked to myself how it had been years since I've saw one. I took the time to look around and to my left was this deer bedded down twenty yards away. Boom. And she went home with me. Good times.

reeleyz

« Reply #243 on: Dec 01, 2016, 07:22 AM »
Nice job zadvorney!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #244 on: Dec 01, 2016, 07:36 AM »
nice deer,great photo,thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

zadvorney

« Reply #245 on: Dec 01, 2016, 10:54 AM »
Thank you.  I was a very long way from the car so I used the gutless method to debone her in the field. The head shot destroyed zero meat so I was able to get the flank and brisket meat as well.  It took me an hour to do the butchering. The meat was wrapped in a cotton bed sheet and tied in a bundle. The pack I brought was too small but two hours later I was back at the car with over 50# of meat. I slept like a log that night. 

filetandrelease

« Reply #246 on: Dec 01, 2016, 11:36 AM »

Well done and great report Zadvorney

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #247 on: Dec 01, 2016, 01:24 PM »
 Nice job with the doe zadvorney.

I'm surprised by the number of guys using shotguns. Since rifle opened up in the southern zone I haven't taken mine out. Maybe Ole Black Betty better get out and go BAM! Love that gun......

pimplepounder

« Reply #248 on: Dec 01, 2016, 02:24 PM »
Nice deer fellas....no rifle for me where I hunt is still shotgun only zone

scout57

« Reply #249 on: Dec 01, 2016, 06:46 PM »
Nice job with the doe zadvorney.

I'm surprised by the number of guys using shotguns. Since rifle opened up in the southern zone I haven't taken mine out. Maybe Ole Black Betty better get out and go BAM! Love that gun......
unfortunately, Onondaga county hasn't signed on to the rifle idea yet.......I don't get it ???

mcully

« Reply #250 on: Dec 02, 2016, 04:49 AM »
unfortunately, Onondaga county hasn't signed on to the rifle idea yet.......I don't get it ???
I haven't used any gun in 5 seasons. The Mathews barks even during gun seasons but my ears still never stop ringing from previous gun seasons and duck hunting.

zadvorney

« Reply #251 on: Dec 02, 2016, 09:53 PM »
Went back to the same area today and walked around for the morning.  I have to laugh every time I pass the same game camera someone has set out on a trail.  I have no idea how I see them but I do and every time I make the same stupid face.  Like "oops" and "I see you" all in one dumb look.  I'd love to hear the guy going through his pics  "....and there goes goofy face...AGAIN!"  I know I'm not the only one on this chunk of public land but if the amount of treestands I've seen is any indication to the quality of the deer in the area then I'm writing my acceptance speech to the Big Bucks Club now.  Lots of hardware.  It's good to know where they are so when I'm walking around in the future I'll know where to look out for others hunting and give them a wider margin.  Best part of the day was finding a stone in the river that looks like a fossilized piece of femur bone.  Even if it's not it looks cool.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #252 on: Dec 03, 2016, 05:31 PM »
I been walking a  bit  myself ,got  close to a  lot of  smaller  deer  even a  few  that  would  be shootable if the  freezer  didn't have meat in it ....been a great season  so far I have hunted  almost every day  I have  seen a lot of deer  turkey  cut a bear track  seen  fisher   porcupines  and  even met a few other  hunters...all and all I rate  this  year as  a big ^5  and it's  good to see other  hunters are  doing well....I have noticed  a  few  changes  ...after  6 or 7 weeks of  bow season  opening day deer are not  stupid any more !  no where  near as many hunters  and that scares me .....I seen  a lot of  game and sign and not  just deer ......and I learned  never  leave a  peanut  butter sandwich in your tree stand...squirrels are  just rats   with  fur on their tails .....  son of a  gun  >:(

life  is  good   
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

scout57

« Reply #253 on: Dec 03, 2016, 11:58 PM »
good call Trap.........have had a great season myself.............lots of critters and my freezer is full........sweet

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #254 on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:00 PM »
Its 1/4 pounder season.... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.