MFF US Northeast > Vermont

lake salam

(1/3) > >>

bassfisher32:
any body fished it latley?  going up there on july 15-18

jf5:
Figuring it would be my only day to use the canoe, we decided to hit Big Salem lake that afternoon. As expected, the lake was busy with boats, and the weather was sunny and about 80, so this would be a tough situation. From 3:30-6 we drifted across the lake working the bottom with crawler harnesses and live minnows. We tried to work various depths from 15-40ft. I got a pair of large perch over 11" and my friend caught 3 smaller ones 7-9". Then after a quick break, we rowed up into little Salem and fished the pond near the mouth of the Clyde from about 6:30-9:30pm. Between the two of us, we got about 8 perch, all smaller than 9". I also got a midget pickeral. There where some boats out there trolling, but we didn’t see much catching going on, nevermind any walleye. It was cool watching the fireworks go over big Salem while out on the canoe though!!     

bassfisher32:
i bet it was i hope it isnt to busy the weekend of the 15 let me know when your going to the wachutts agan mabye we can meet up let me know

jf5:
I don't think it will be that bad, and if your concentrating on Little Salem,  then there should only be fishing traffic. Lake levels are low, so you know most of the little pond is 3 ft or less except for the two 9-10ft areas.

Even with the July 4th traffic on teh big lake, things where settling down fast by 5pm anyway.

When do you leave for TX??  I usually skip summer at Wachusett as it can be tough, and return to fish late October & November. but if ya want, we can try to work some fish off of the big drop offs.   

bassfisher32:
im leaving when i get back from vt on the 18th so ill be around for another week got 2 bass yesterday one that was at least 41\2 pounds thanks bro lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version