MFF US Northeast > Vermont

get the party started

(1/3) > >>

mudchuck:
Time to get this forum kick started again with ice out coming.

Fish Farmer:
I assume some Lake Champlain accesses got plowed this week. Some were open water last week. I won't have my boat uncovered until the snow melts.

dickbaker:
Mudchuck?   looking to see your new boat build from last season.  How about getting it on the water for some pictures!
Dick

mudchuck:
Did new floor, floatation foamboard, expoxy seal hull & paintjob, trailer wheel bearings, new tire & lights 2 winters back.
Last November rebuilt the transom.
Just put the outboard back on last weekend & installed the downrigger and rodholder mounts, reconnected all my wiring & rerouted the steering cable so it's not making noise thru the hull at slow troll speeds.
Bought GPS/chartplotter fish finder last spring and have it installed.
Bought another trolling/reel rod and leadcore line to accompany the rod/reel from 2 seasons ago to get on the downrigger.
Now looking at spoons, pin minnows, carb rebuild kit, new fuel hose, possibly a bigger fuel tank. Also looking into planer boards & another swivel chair.
Have leftover marine plywood, enough to make a storage bench seat in the front, so might be doing that once it warms up some, as I only have 2 swivel seats and need to make room for another seat.
Expensive hobby...never seems to end, so glad the wife has accepted my hobby and the fact that it costs money...just can't go overboard on monthly budget, so far so good.
Not sure I'll be any good at salmonoid trolling, but really want to get dialed in for wally's...

Just look for the little haze grey underway 14' deep V starcraft...I'll be out there soon enough.
 :laugh:

crayfish2:
Can't wait to see her on the water, Mudchuck!  I think we're going to get ours out this week and hope to hit the lake this weekend.  Not ideal conditions yet, but enough is enough!  We'll just pretend we're icefishing and wear everything we own while trying to get something silver to bite.  Will probably try down around Converse/Town Farm, assuming the wind is good for our little boat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version