FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sabres in the playoffs!!!  (Read 15252 times)

chowder_head

Re: Sabres in the playoffs!!!
« Reply #30 on: Apr 19, 2006, 02:11 PM »
nice season you had sabres..now please knockoff those broad street basturds! lol

SYMPTOMS: continual complaints as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expressions,sometimes deaf to wife and kids,frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting goods stores longer than usual.Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone..NO KNOWN CURE!!

Chucker

« Reply #31 on: Apr 19, 2006, 03:50 PM »
I think we'll be in 307 on Saturday... Anybody else going?

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #32 on: Apr 19, 2006, 05:14 PM »
  I can only wish I were there!

Hopefully the games will be televised so us poor guys can still enjoy the playoffs.
 Back to back shutouts!  Only had to wait 78 games, and then.... bam! two in a row.

Sabres in six over the philly's.

Should be able to use our speed and get em chasing if we play our style of hockey and not theirs.

Looks like the defense is starting to pick it up a notch. Three goals against in the lastfour games.

Awesome!

Go Sabre's

JD
I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day of work anytime!

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #33 on: Apr 23, 2006, 01:50 PM »
 To those that attended the game last night,  all I can say is " WOW " what a game!

If it wasn't for Esche, the score would have been 10-2 !!

58 shots on goal was impressive. The Sabres are probably tired from just shooting the puck last night! lol

How about that awesome open ice hit on Umberger?  Wonder if he still thinks he's playing hockey?
 Best open ice check I've seen in years! Way to go Campbell!

Talk about turning the table on them bruisers from Philly. And who ever said that the Sabres weren't a physical hockey team?  Wrrrrrrrrong!

Speed, toughness, and an awesome goalie.  Nice combination :thumbup_smilie: :flex:

Go Sabres!

JD

Chucker

« Reply #34 on: Apr 25, 2006, 06:41 AM »
Some random chants from the 300s last night -

One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, We Want Eight! (naturally follow by a "nine" chant, thanks to Pominville)
It's All Over! <clap, clap, clappa clap>
Philly Sucks!

Some random signs from the last 2 games-
Campbell's Soup : Creamed Umberger
15 to Win
Welcome to Pominville

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #35 on: Apr 25, 2006, 07:46 AM »
all I can say is the first period last night was CRAZY!!!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #36 on: Apr 25, 2006, 11:32 AM »

Some random signs from the last 2 games-
Campbell's Soup : Creamed Umberger
15 to Win
Welcome to Pominville

Thank you chucker...I stole the creamed umberger for my signature ;D

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #37 on: Apr 25, 2006, 11:36 AM »
Wow, so far Im eating my words...........I did belive that Buffalo would beat Philly, but know where near this easy...great hockey....and a clean hit....very Scott Stevens-esque

blaque

« Reply #38 on: Apr 25, 2006, 12:13 PM »
Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here guys.....Like Hitchcock said, they were seriously embarrassed.......most dont take that lightly, and i would expect a totally different team and a serious turn around in Philly.......thats IF Hitchcock is any kind of coach. Lets raise it to their level and take two more away from them on their home ice!! Would be thrilled to jsut get one of the next two.

Chucker

« Reply #39 on: Apr 25, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Lets raise it to their level and take two more away from them on their home ice!! Would be thrilled to jsut get one of the next two.

I wouldn't mind seeing our boys lose one - it'll help keep their feet on the ground, and allow me to see the final crushing blow get administered at the HSBC on Sunday afternoon.

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #40 on: Apr 25, 2006, 06:57 PM »
  One would be good enough, but the way the Sabres are playing, brooms may be in order for game four!!

Would love to see them sweep em out of their own arena!! :thumbup_smilie:

Lindy summed it up good by saying they played like " Idiots "   I  think the Sabres were expecting some cheap shots and sure enough, the goons delivered.  It was sad to see Fosberg lower his standards to the rest of his team.  Lost a lot of respect for him.

So how do we approach game three?  Keep attacking or sit back and play a typical road game? I say ATTACK!

Go Sabres!!!!!

JD

Hey Mac,   Changing my prediction to Sabres in FIVE  !!!!!        ( notice, no question marks) lol

FarginIcehole

« Reply #41 on: Apr 27, 2006, 08:38 AM »
what was that!!!!???? the sabres played horrible but still should have won. i think i saw two unfortunate bounces for goals and one that miller should have stopped on the shorty.that buffalo power play is gonna kill em,i love when they skate around and kill the penalty for the other team.if buffalo cant score a pretty pp goal they dont score.i like seeing those western conference teams crash the net on the pp.i still see buffalo winning this series but i am a little nervous now.could be worse,we could be down 3-0 like dallas, I love it!!!!!!. campbell is bood every time he touches the puck,they still,and always will hate him for that clean hit.next game 4-2 sabres. philly got 3 goals and one game,thats it.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #42 on: Apr 27, 2006, 12:37 PM »
0 for 7 on the power play?
Lindy should have the power play squad working their asses off. At one point in this season we had one of the most effective powerplays in the league.
The boys need a refreser course.

Hey anyone see all those old sabres plainy for someone else?
Rolston
Varada
The boogieman
Barnes
May
Sure there are a few more to mention, an't remeber them all.

Last note Miller is a young goalie and letting a few here and there is expected, But this is the playoffs he needs to buckle DOWN!
Internet heros give it a rest!

blaque

« Reply #43 on: Apr 28, 2006, 08:50 AM »
Yeah, theres alot of former sabres getting a shot at the cup this year. Rhett Warrener is another in calgary. Im gonna start a new thread to see if anyone can complete the list of whereabouts of the entire roster of the 99-2000 Sabres.

Alabama

« Reply #44 on: Apr 30, 2006, 12:14 AM »
Waaaaaasssup jdjyoung. I hope your team does well. Not much Hockey down here, but the fishin is good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.