FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite Brand of Braid  (Read 10947 times)

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
Re: Favorite Brand of Braid
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2012, 06:49 PM »
OK ! SO I'VE NEVER BEEN MORE DISGUSTED WITH A BRAND FISHING LINE ! I DECIDED TO TRY THE FIN XS BRAID (8 STRAND) . IT WAS HORRIBLE RIGHT FROM THE START ! WITHIN THE FIRST HOUR OF FISHING I GOT AROUND 10-12 SUPER WIND KNOTS !!!!!!!! ONE TIME I GOT A DOUBLE KNOT 2' APART !!! HALF WAY THROUGH THE MORNING I GAVE UP ON ONE ROD AND USED THE OTHER . IT HAPPENED LESS TIMES BUT STILL HAPPENED (I WAS BEING MORE CAUTIOUS THOUGH ) MOST BRAIDS I CAN DO SUPER LONG CASTS WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT KNOTS ! NOT TODAY !!!!!! THIS IS THE WORST LINE I'VE USED ,EVEN WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL SPIDER FLAT BRAID ! THAT'S SAD ! DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR , SAVE YOUR MONEY , SAVE YOUR TIME , AND MOST OF ALL SAVE THE AGGRAVATION !!!

ON A GOOD NOTE , I CAUGHT A 4 POUNDER  AND MY WIFE KICKED MY BUTT WITH (5) NICE BASS !
ALTHOUGH SHE HAD LINE THAT WORKED (NOT FINS) !

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

jtk2

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2012, 07:13 PM »
That really sucks. I hate wind knots more than anything. Thanks for the heads up.
id rather catch nothing by myself than alot in a crowd.

BASSQUATCH

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2012, 07:28 PM »
That really sucks. I hate wind knots more than anything. Thanks for the heads up.
My Pleasure ! I hate to see someone else have such a crappy day because of inferior line ! I will let ya know how spider stealth in the purple box works . Trying that tomorrow !

capedeer/fish

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2012, 09:15 AM »
There is a new power pro out now called super8slick, it is suppost to be smoother and better casting. Gonna try it in 40# for stripers.
  Fished with some guys who are using this in 40#. They love it and u CAN notice a difference in length of cast!
IndianHill Icetrap Pro Staff                                               SavageGear Product Tester         Dexter-Russell outdoors Pro Staff   ODM Rods Pro Staff

BASSQUATCH

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2012, 08:10 AM »
  Fished with some guys who are using this in 40#. They love it and u CAN notice a difference in length of cast!
I went to bass pro on Saturday for some supplies . I was looking at all the braids when I nice ol' timer asked if I needed any assistance ? I told him I was looking into getting a different brand of braid . He told me he uses the power pro 8 strand in the 40# test . Then he told me he broke off that morning ! With 40# !!!!! Ya I'll pass on power pro all together ! I noticed when I removed the Fin 8 strand braid ,it had gone very flat ! Not cool !!!! So I purchased the Spider Stealth (purple box) . I'm Extremely happy ! It worked flawlessly from the first to last cast yesterday !!! A total of about 12 hours fishing (boat & shore) . And it seems to be staying ROUND !!!!!!!!  ;D

salmon stalker

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2012, 09:18 AM »
Nothing beats JB lines (Jerry Brown)
The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.