FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nantucket  (Read 665 times)

FishingNewEngland

Nantucket
« on: Jun 04, 2012, 08:13 AM »
Spent Saturday and Sunday on Nantucket with the family. Saturday the weather was terrible but I made it out to Dionis Beach anyway. With high tide at 11PM, I got to the beach about 10 to throw some Got Stryper 12" eels. Nothing.  :(

Fished for a couple of hours on Brant Point on Sunday with Deadly Dicks, the eel again, and some topwater. Nothing.  :(

The two bait shops I visited gave me some good tips but told me there wasn't a lot going on. Guess I didn't miss much.

No complaints though, Nantucket was great, the food was good, and the family time was awesome!
Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

one last cast

Re: Nantucket
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2012, 09:24 AM »
I was out there three weeks ago, I didn't have any luck either >:( I did meet up with a guy that had caught a few and he showed me what he was using storms swimming eel 7" and 9". He was getting more hook ups with the 9" due to the dual hook setup. When I was there the surf was to rough I wanted to use my fly rod for some real action. Oh well till next time!
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

JFeen82

• 4.5lb bow
Re: Nantucket
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:19 PM »
When I was younger my grandmother lived on Nantucket and just about everyweekend in the summer we would go down there for the weekend. Usually Saturday morning we would rent a boat from Nantucket Boat Rental and go fishing in the harbor. We caught a lot of fish there just trolling. Also one year my cousin, brother and I stopped at the beach after seeing a movie, it was prob like 11 or 12 at night and we came across these guys fishing at the kids beach where the ferry pulls in and these guys had caught a huge striper... biggest one I've ever seen in person. It was caught on a live eel.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.