FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Holy Cow!!! A New PB  (Read 10589 times)

stripernut

Re: Holy Cow!!! A New PB
« Reply #15 on: Jun 09, 2014, 01:08 PM »
That might be too much strain on my heart lol I could barely get this fish under control with a musky rod.
Easier than you would think! I have had clients get that size in a canoe and a 9wt... It did look as if I would need to give CPR a few times, but not yet...

Dana

« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2014, 01:21 PM »
Your persistence has paid off. Nice catch Ethan!
Glenn, get the net!

ebour

« Reply #17 on: Jun 09, 2014, 01:31 PM »
Easier than you would think! I have had clients get that size in a canoe and a 9wt... It did look as if I would need to give CPR a few times, but not yet...
well I'll have to try it

stripernut

« Reply #18 on: Jun 09, 2014, 01:33 PM »
Knowing you, you will do more than try!!!

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #19 on: Jun 09, 2014, 04:21 PM »
Beauty! great job!

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

ebour

« Reply #20 on: Jun 09, 2014, 04:25 PM »
I'll try to find a time to go soon Allan :)

JFeen82

• 4.5lb bow
« Reply #21 on: Jun 09, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Nice one Ethan!

cornshark

« Reply #22 on: Jun 09, 2014, 07:00 PM »
Beautiful fish, I liked that you tried to release it. Gives hope to future generations.
Perchus Slaversons

ebour

« Reply #23 on: Jun 09, 2014, 07:41 PM »
It was unfortunate I couldn't. It was used well feeding my family, the neighbors and my friend with 1 filet still left for us

bigbellybilly

« Reply #24 on: Jun 09, 2014, 09:44 PM »
Nice fish  congrats liked the pictures

Backwater_

« Reply #25 on: Jun 09, 2014, 10:42 PM »
Nice to see the 40"min length we have up here in Maine is working out for you guys.  It's really tough to see our breeders getting picked off before they ever make it to the spawning grounds.......just so you can get your pictures.  Congrats on the timely release ::)

ebour

« Reply #26 on: Jun 10, 2014, 05:26 AM »
Nice to see the 40"min length we have up here in Maine is working out for you guys.  It's really tough to see our breeders getting picked off before they ever make it to the spawning grounds.......just so you can get your pictures.  Congrats on the timely release ::)
that's the first one I've ever kept and I tried for a fair amount of time to revive it. It just wasn't meant to be. Next time hopefully I can have someone out there to take pics so I can release. BTW I thought you had a slot limit in ME?

fishsavage

« Reply #27 on: Jun 10, 2014, 09:44 AM »
stellar fish!!  Nothing better than getting a sleigh ride from that cow! 

Here you go backwater for educational purposes  ;) http://www.maine.gov/dmr/recreational/documents/2014StripedBassRegs.pdf

waterwolf603

« Reply #28 on: Jun 10, 2014, 09:54 AM »
congrats on the PB that is a great line sidah!
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

waterwolf603

« Reply #29 on: Jun 10, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Nice to see the 40"min length we have up here in Maine is working out for you guys.  It's really tough to see our breeders getting picked off before they ever make it to the spawning grounds.......just so you can get your pictures.  Congrats on the timely release ::)

does it make you feel like a big man to give a kid crap for keeping a legal fish that went to good use? He tried to let the fish go, so what he wanted pictures i would have done the same thing. like he said fish did NOT go to waste and was utilized. Blame your state for the reg's set in place and not someone who seems to be a class act and is enthusiastic about the outdoors.

Ebour great fish, dont worry about some of odd things people have to say. you earned that fish!
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.