FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Night Time Stripers  (Read 3313 times)

Baitbucket

Night Time Stripers
« on: Jun 12, 2014, 06:36 AM »
Hit the salt for my first ever kayak night trip. I got on early as I work close to where I was going and just went after work. Was on the water around 3:30. Figured I would pull the T&W around to see what was there. I hook up immediately while the tube was still dropping. A firstly little 25" schoolie. I ended the trip at about 11pm and 6 total fish caught. No keepers yet tho, all 20-25". I gotta say it is nice fishing at night. Peace and quiet, no one around.

Heres a couple pics of the ones i got before it got dark.

stripernut

Re: Night Time Stripers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2014, 06:44 AM »
Always nicer fishing during the week!

deerhunter

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2014, 06:46 AM »
gotta be some bigger ones around.

Baitbucket

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2014, 06:54 AM »
gotta be some bigger ones around.

Ethan caught the only one, and he KEPT it!!!!
Lol j/k Ethan  :P

ebour

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2014, 07:34 AM »
It wasn't the only one! The other one popped off next to the boat so there's at least one out there lol

BOULDERDASH

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2014, 08:30 AM »
Did you toss any plastics or plugs  or just T/W and whats up with you GPS combo  ;D ;D

Baitbucket

« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2014, 08:41 AM »
Did you toss any plastics or plugs  or just T/W and whats up with you GPS combo  ;D ;D

Thats my "Spot Burning Not Allowed" GPS setting lol

I did throw plastics and plugs to no avail. There were boils and rises all around me but they were lock jaw. After 8:30 I didnt get another fish. Some other guys showed up about that time as well and got skunked.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2014, 08:55 AM »
WTG go Will. The keepers will come. They are out there
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Baitbucket

« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2014, 09:16 AM »
WTG go Will. The keepers will come. They are out there

Yah its just a matter of time. Just broke 75hrs on the salt in my yak for the year.

trout stalker

« Reply #9 on: Jun 12, 2014, 09:27 AM »
live eels at night are #1 hands down also on calm evenings plugging the top just before dark produces too but once sun goes down toss the eels trust me on this you will find the big fish this way

Dana

« Reply #10 on: Jun 12, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Nice report and I like your setup on the YAK!
Glenn, get the net!

Baitbucket

« Reply #11 on: Jun 12, 2014, 10:32 AM »
live eels at night are #1 hands down also on calm evenings plugging the top just before dark produces too but once sun goes down toss the eels trust me on this you will find the big fish this way

4 of the guys who got skunked were trolling live eels.

trout stalker

« Reply #12 on: Jun 13, 2014, 12:03 AM »
ya that's because ya don't troll them :)

trout stalker

« Reply #13 on: Jun 13, 2014, 12:10 AM »
spent many years fishing with my brother all around fisher island at night and tried many things and other stuff does work but nothing compared to fishing live eels, in trolling ya id go tube and worm which imitates an eel but to troll a live eel has got to be a pain because anyone who has fished em knows what they do to your line.  Way we did it was fairly simple almost like fishing shore line from a boat casting a rubber worm with no weight trick is to keep in contact with the eel at all times and slowly retrieve you can feel the eel vibrate and can tell when a fish takes it because you will feel the bump in the line on your finger...just a suggestion to try I have pictures albeit developed ones to prove its success many nights with 6-7 fish over 40'

Baitbucket

« Reply #14 on: Jun 13, 2014, 04:31 AM »
spent many years fishing with my brother all around fisher island at night and tried many things and other stuff does work but nothing compared to fishing live eels, in trolling ya id go tube and worm which imitates an eel but to troll a live eel has got to be a pain because anyone who has fished em knows what they do to your line.  Way we did it was fairly simple almost like fishing shore line from a boat casting a rubber worm with no weight trick is to keep in contact with the eel at all times and slowly retrieve you can feel the eel vibrate and can tell when a fish takes it because you will feel the bump in the line on your finger..

Isnt casting and reeling pretty much the same as slow trolling it along the fishy areas? You are in constant contact with the eel and basically leading it over areas with fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.