FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Daaaaa Ditch  (Read 11460 times)

westernmas

Daaaaa Ditch
« on: Jun 22, 2015, 07:13 AM »
Went to the Cape like a good son and did a bunch of yard work for my father. On my way to the Cape Friday night I stopped at the canal and managed one schoolie. Saturday was spent working and then I hit the canal Sunday morning on my way home and finally managed a keeper!!!  It was right at 28 and I had no way of keeping it cold so I let it see another day. The fish were definitely moving through all morning and I got it on a top water plug, a first for me.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Baitbucket

Re: Daaaaa Ditch
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2015, 09:01 AM »
Nice job getting out man!

I wish i lived closer to that place. I'd be over there as often as Im at the Q lol

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2015, 09:07 AM »
great photo,and a REAL nice bass thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2015, 10:17 AM »
Nice job. Nice fish. 4 days and counting and I'll be at the ditch until the 5th.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2015, 11:53 AM »
Nice job getting out man!

I wish i lived closer to that place. I'd be over there as often as Im at the Q lol

I wish I lived closer too.  The 2 hours to the canal and then an hour to the house is doing some damage on the wallet.  They need a hybrid truck.  I don't do any towing or anything along those lines so the power/speed really doesn't matter.  I like having the bed of the truck to throw my yak/canoe and all my gear into.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Baitbucket

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2015, 12:09 PM »
I wish I lived closer too.  The 2 hours to the canal and then an hour to the house is doing some damage on the wallet.  They need a hybrid truck.  I don't do any towing or anything along those lines so the power/speed really doesn't matter.  I like having the bed of the truck to throw my yak/canoe and all my gear into.

The exact reason i bought a Hybrid hatch back. Lay the seats down and there is a ton of storage (and its locked up) yak goes on top. Car gets 60-65mpg. I can drive the 1.5-2hrs (ea way) 165mile round trip to the salt for about $7 in gas.

Baitbucket

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2015, 04:18 PM »
3.30 hrs for me each way.  If I let the turbo boost I get maybe 6 to 8 mph.  If I drive normal maybe 19-20.  Its worth having the hp and subsequent gas burning!  (mines a wagon)  Current tune has it around 330 whp!  Perfect for getting to the salt fast!  Should be close to 400hp by ice time! (Im a car nut/mechanic when im not fishing)

The speed is nice, thats for sure. I took the money i saved in gas the last couple seasons and bought 2 new Shimano reels and built myself a $200 custom rod. I felt that was a better way to spend my money than literally burning it (in my gas tank). Never having gas be my limiting factor on trips is nice too.

Jschumacher

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2015, 07:56 PM »
3.30 hrs for me each way.  If I let the turbo boost I get maybe 6 to 8 mph.  If I drive normal maybe 19-20.  Its worth having the hp and subsequent gas burning!  (mines a wagon)  Current tune has it around 330 whp!  Perfect for getting to the salt fast!  Should be close to 400hp by ice time! (Im a car nut/mechanic when im not fishing)
The need for speed is real. LOL. The faster The better. At least that s what all us car nuts think.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

stripernut

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2015, 11:50 PM »
I seem to be missing something, but then again I am no gear head... Will's car goes faster than is legal and your car goes faster than legal, so I don't get the "Need for speed"... Hay, to each his own, I don't understand how the guys out in the Mid-West get all excited about sunfish either...

Baitbucket

« Reply #9 on: Jun 23, 2015, 05:44 AM »
Yup, been there, done that. Had a Subaru WRX STI w/305hp turbo charged 4cyl, all wheel drive, 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, top speed of 152mph (when it would shut down, tested and confirmed).

Sold it because in any kind of traffic its useless and 15mpg sucks. Oh yah, then theres the whole speeding ticket thing too. Nothing will delay and put a damper on a fishing trip like a speeding ticket..

I love knowing i can hop in my car now, cruise to the salt going 80, and know its gunna cost me less than 10$ in gas to do it lol. If i wanna "beat" people there, I just leave earlier.

Baitbucket

« Reply #10 on: Jun 23, 2015, 06:15 AM »
Bought the car used from a kid that worked for Subaru. He had made a few modifications to it.

As for driving a hybid now. Its safe to assume I grew out of the "need for speed" phase when i was in my early 20's.

capedeer/fish

« Reply #11 on: Jun 23, 2015, 01:21 PM »
This aint car talk.............LETS talk canal stripes!
IndianHill Icetrap Pro Staff                                               SavageGear Product Tester         Dexter-Russell outdoors Pro Staff   ODM Rods Pro Staff

westernmas

« Reply #12 on: Jun 23, 2015, 01:27 PM »
Jeez that is a pig.  Care to share what you got it on?  I also see you have a casting pointer finger protector (I think that's the technical name).  I sliced my finger real good last Friday and man does it suck to cast with a slice on the tip of your finger.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Yachtzy

« Reply #13 on: Jun 23, 2015, 02:10 PM »
All I can say is WOW, nice fish. That kind of explains why these guys take such a long drive to get there. That pic says it all.

Jschumacher

« Reply #14 on: Jun 23, 2015, 08:06 PM »
Yes sir Colby that will put an end to the car talk. Well done :thumbup_smilie: Hope those big girls stay around a while.

Member of The GODS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.