FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Drone Fishing  (Read 3531 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Drone Fishing
« Reply #15 on: Aug 31, 2016, 08:53 AM »
I need to go get some popcorn.

8)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #16 on: Aug 31, 2016, 08:57 AM »
Basic drones with 720p cameras can be had for around 100$.

I would advise against shooting them down, that is in fact, illegal.

I always find peoples perspectives on things interesting. Most anglers and hunters are quick to complain when a body of water or land is locked down and they are no longer allowed to fish/hunt it. There are claims of rights, laws, wasnt bothering any1, etc.

Then you read something like this. Someone taking aerial footage of nature, doing nothing illegal (like fishing a lake), and some guy shoots it down cause he doesn't like it.

Honestly, no different than a homeowner on the lakes you fish putting a few holes in your boat because..well, he dont like boats..

With all due respect... this was not someone filming nature, it was someone circling my boat messing with me for around 10 minutes... Also think about how close they would have to be to get hit with the roost from my prop... My Optimax is built and nasty but still can only throw a roost 50 feet. I have no issues with a drone a couple hundred feet over me or flying by and keeping on going but when they are just bothering you to get a reaction for their video, things change.

Baitbucket

« Reply #17 on: Aug 31, 2016, 09:11 AM »
With all due respect... this was not someone filming nature, it was someone circling my boat messing with me for around 10 minutes... Also think about how close they would have to be to get hit with the roost from my prop... My Optimax is built and nasty but still can only throw a roost 50 feet. I have no issues with a drone a couple hundred feet over me or flying by and keeping on going but when they are just bothering you to get a reaction for their video, things change.

I agree that its rude and annoying. But its not illegal, and doesnt give you the right to destroy their property. Curious how u react to being cut off in traffic.. Both rude and annoying... Do you simply toss a brick out your window to smash their windshield and teach them a lesson? After all if u can hit them with a brick, they must be to close, right?

Alot of you guys are overly exaggerating the amount of time people are spending "Watching" you. The upper end drones in the $1000 plus range only get 20 mins of battery life. And return home when they hit 50% life. The cheaper units only get 6-8 minutes of battery life, and return home at 50% battery life.

Anyway, just thought I would share the video and see what people thought. I shouldn't be surprised it quickly devolved into the "shoot it down/throwing rocks caveman mentality".

Locking the post up. Thx for your insight.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.