FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: drone fishing  (Read 14627 times)

Baitbucket

Re: drone fishing
« Reply #30 on: Apr 06, 2017, 12:53 PM »
Will, I would agree with you based on my experience at the Chu but he did not feel that lugging the cannon in to a remote section of the Chu in order to use it was justified by the results.

That I can see. Thats what makes the use of a drone so much more practical. Most can fit right in a backpack.

manitron

« Reply #31 on: Apr 06, 2017, 01:09 PM »

I actually had a real decent day yesterday without the aid of a drone or a cannon and a couple of friends will enjoy the results of that trip with their families.   ;D

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #32 on: Apr 06, 2017, 01:44 PM »
Well said! There are very few types of people in this world. The "WHATS THAT!?? SHOOT IT!!" type. And the "wow, think of all the things we could do with that" type..

Could you imagine where mankind would be if the former outnumbered the latter?
unfortunately, in this climate of total PC, i think the former is more prevalent
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

Mac Attack

« Reply #33 on: Apr 06, 2017, 01:54 PM »

I actually had a real decent day yesterday without the aid of a drone or a cannon and a couple of friends will enjoy the results of that trip with their families.   ;D

HEY!!!!!

What the heck is that yellow fish connection device in that photo????

Looks to be like some really high tech equipment.

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

lowaccord66

« Reply #34 on: Apr 06, 2017, 02:15 PM »
I can assure you that a cannon caster has been used at the Chu previously by someone that I know. He did not feel that he gained any advantage by using it and he only uses it surf fishing now.

2oz egg with a sling nuts goes quite the distance!  (I wouldn't do that at the chu)  Using tech that is available to enhance fishing is what the sport is about.  Look at the use of kites in tuna fishing..it became a big deal!

Baitbucket

« Reply #35 on: Apr 06, 2017, 02:51 PM »
Nice Manny!!

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #36 on: Apr 06, 2017, 03:42 PM »
Nice lakers👍
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

trophyhntr

« Reply #37 on: Apr 06, 2017, 06:43 PM »
thanks for all the feedback guys, I knew posting this that it was likely going to cause quite a conundrum. the reservoir is not a no fly zone and there's technically going to be no laws broken in what I would be doing. but I do feel they are not going to like the idea, especially after seeing the video on youtube of the individual that was told not to fly. granted they were doing so right at the dam. I will restrict my use to weekdays only and will do so until told not to.
Also, I'm sorry but if you think being able to fish say about 250 yrds(basically limited on amount of line) out or so is not going to give you better odds at more/bigger fish you are crazy.
The possibilities of things to try are almost endless and I cant wait to test them out.
not sure when i'll be able to do so limiting myself to weekdays but i'll be sure to keep you all posted on the results.

fishsluggos

« Reply #38 on: Apr 06, 2017, 07:00 PM »
thanks for all the feedback guys, I knew posting this that it was likely going to cause quite a conundrum. the reservoir is not a no fly zone and there's technically going to be no laws broken in what I would be doing. but I do feel they are not going to like the idea, especially after seeing the video on youtube of the individual that was told not to fly. granted they were doing so right at the dam. I will restrict my use to weekdays only and will do so until told not to.
Also, I'm sorry but if you think being able to fish say about 250 yrds(basically limited on amount of line) out or so is not going to give you better odds at more/bigger fish you are crazy.
The possibilities of things to try are almost endless and I cant wait to test them out.
not sure when i'll be able to do so limiting myself to weekdays but i'll be sure to keep you all posted on the results.

This is too funny. I was talking to my buddy about this exact same thing last night. Not sure whether to try flying out and dropping the lure and retrieving it or if trolling on a release would be more effective. Working on the design right now.  ;D

Rally

« Reply #39 on: Apr 06, 2017, 07:17 PM »
This is too funny. I was talking to my buddy about this exact same thing last night. Not sure whether to try flying out and dropping the lure and retrieving it or if trolling on a release would be more effective. Working on the design right now.  ;D

How much will it lift? Have one in stock, great for dropping live mac's in the bad places.
Member of G. O. D. S.

fishsluggos

« Reply #40 on: Apr 06, 2017, 07:36 PM »
 How much will it lift? Have one in stock, great for dropping live mac's in the bad places.

Speaking of bad places... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU

:o

trophyhntr

« Reply #41 on: Apr 06, 2017, 07:45 PM »

I plan to rig a string centrally located on the landing gear to a down rigger release to drop baits/lures then fly back to shore. you'll get more use off the battery this way rather than trying to troll. plus trolling would be a bit more hectic I'm sure.
Not sure on the lifting capacity but I'm sure it could handle quite a bit. as you can see in this video of a guy who actually tied a lure to his drone and caught a smallmouth with it.

one other thing I've read which I'm not sure is true or not but don't rig it with anything metal as it can throw off the compass or whatever and could be catastrophic. not sure it's true because ive seen a few videos of people using a coat hanger as just a sort of hook to drop the line.

Baitbucket

« Reply #42 on: Apr 07, 2017, 05:17 AM »
Dropping the bait is probably the best bet. As Trophy stated, the flight time is only about 20 mins. You can carry additional batteries however.. Cant wait to see how this all works out. Ive been debating on trying this myself. But i dont do much shore fishing and would rather not deal with the inevitable hassle youll get from the rangers..

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #43 on: Apr 07, 2017, 07:26 AM »
A couple nice ones there Manny. Well done
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

taxid

« Reply #44 on: Apr 07, 2017, 08:27 AM »
What happens if you try and troll with a drone, get a large strong fish on, and the fish pulls the drone so hard it has trouble flying? That could get interesting.  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.