FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wachusett  (Read 12166 times)

mullen2525

Re: Wachusett
« Reply #15 on: Sep 25, 2005, 12:08 AM »
never fished wachusett but was thinking of checking it out tomorrow sometime, whats the best way to get there from Fitchburg, and any wachusett tips that you'll share please do, Thanks in advance

Take Rt 2 to 190 south. To 140 S. Follow until you see the res. Tips?? WHat are you fishing for??

I was hoping to hook into some nice smallies, but had no luck, I had found some access off of route 70, kid caught a nice trout but other than that it was really slow out of about ten people there that was the only fish I saw caught.

I know how to fish for the smallies guess i was just looking for tips on access areas where smallie fishin is good but i don expect anyone to give their holes away, looks like I'll just have to do some scouting, and find some other access points.

amazinmoose

« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2005, 05:53 PM »
gate 9??  2 1/2 # rainbow??  was that the nice trout??

jf5

« Reply #17 on: Sep 27, 2005, 05:45 PM »
never fished wachusett but was thinking of checking it out tomorrow sometime, whats the best way to get there from Fitchburg, and any wachusett tips that you'll share please do, Thanks in advance

Take Rt 2 to 190 south. To 140 S. Follow until you see the res. Tips?? WHat are you fishing for??

I was hoping to hook into some nice smallies, but had no luck, I had found some access off of route 70, kid caught a nice trout but other than that it was really slow out of about ten people there that was the only fish I saw caught.

I know how to fish for the smallies guess i was just looking for tips on access areas where smallie fishin is good but i don expect anyone to give their holes away, looks like I'll just have to do some scouting, and find some other access points.

Allot of good smallie waters in Wachusett. Rt 110 and 70 both. Look for the coves and points and fish them for bass.  Andrews Harbor is not a bad place to start. Never was big into the 140 side but there are areas there too. There are allot of smallmouth so if you walk, you will find them. 

amazinmoose

« Reply #18 on: Sep 29, 2005, 08:37 AM »
slow night on the chu yesterday..  baitfish were picky.. and only 1 run ended up being a hournpout 13" -moose

EscapeIsNever

« Reply #19 on: Sep 30, 2005, 06:24 AM »
going to scarhill all day sunday with a bunch of people (prob 15 others)....whaddya think we'll get?  im guessing lakers, smallies, and 'bows.
"And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky.
A human being that was given to fly."
-Pearl Jam, Given to Fly

Don't be a Goatboy....eh hem, PJ!

Brian

deerhunter

« Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2005, 06:37 AM »
lakers and more lakers , brian.

amazinmoose

« Reply #21 on: Sep 30, 2005, 10:35 AM »
what gate is that??  -moose

deerhunter

« Reply #22 on: Sep 30, 2005, 03:03 PM »
in the center of boylston is scarhill rd. go to end at the graveyard. don,t remember the gt #

amazinmoose

« Reply #23 on: Sep 30, 2005, 03:51 PM »
ahh yes.. lots of sandy shore line kinda shallow though...  moose

jf5

« Reply #24 on: Sep 30, 2005, 04:47 PM »
going to scarhill all day sunday with a bunch of people (prob 15 others)....whaddya think we'll get?  im guessing lakers, smallies, and 'bows.

Rainbows and bass is my guess, Unless someone is working the deeper drop offs at SH. Then maybe some lakers. 

amazinmoose

« Reply #25 on: Oct 01, 2005, 05:43 PM »
fished the chu. everyone else was up the plum...   got a mud rat..   22" length 11" girth  on   the MAGIC bait .. moose

amazinmoose

« Reply #26 on: Oct 02, 2005, 12:53 PM »
fished the chu.. dawn till 1pm..   one run one fish... smallie  19"  12" girth... shes was a 3 1/2 # footfall!!! on the magic bait yet again!!  moose

amazinmoose

« Reply #27 on: Oct 02, 2005, 01:36 PM »
Fish Calculator says.. 3.61 #

amazinmoose

« Reply #28 on: Oct 02, 2005, 06:16 PM »
today i also went scouting for some fishing spots along gate 8-10...  seen some NICE  LRGmouthbass... and do i mean NICE!! 3 of them.. crusing the shallows sucking in bait fish... if i coulda got to them.. my gosh... they had to be 5+# atleast!!  tightlines moose

gellenbr

« Reply #29 on: Oct 03, 2005, 07:54 PM »
I'm probably just being stupid, but what is a mudrat?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.