FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wachusett  (Read 12188 times)

EscapeIsNever

Re: Wachusett
« Reply #45 on: Nov 21, 2005, 05:09 AM »
ive been out a few times this past week and did ok...yesterday 9 or 10 of us went out and got 8 total lakers....largest at 23-24"....the fish are definately around and biting.  tomorrow looks like great laker weather!
"And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky.
A human being that was given to fly."
-Pearl Jam, Given to Fly

Don't be a Goatboy....eh hem, PJ!

Brian

amazinmoose

« Reply #46 on: Nov 23, 2005, 10:59 AM »
them are the smallins  the bigger ones eat them for lunch hahah :-)    ... moose

amazinmoose

« Reply #47 on: Nov 23, 2005, 05:34 PM »
next wed. is the last day of the season at the chu right??     kinda bites, but it only means one thing!!!   ICE SOON!!!   -moose

gellenbr

« Reply #48 on: Nov 23, 2005, 08:06 PM »
went today, only for 45 minutes... it was freezing out, my rod's eyelets actually froze up.

caught one, 24 inches off of scarhill

EscapeIsNever

« Reply #49 on: Nov 24, 2005, 09:10 AM »
went out this morning for 2.5 hours....very cold and snowy....only 1 hit the entire time and no fish!
-Pearl Jam, Given to Fly

Brian

amazinmoose

« Reply #50 on: Mar 08, 2006, 08:13 AM »
April 1 and the chus open!!! provided theres no ice...  these warm temps and the ice will be gone!  tightlines -moose

roncarr

• THE BEST FISH IS ALWAYS THE NEXT ONE
« Reply #51 on: Mar 08, 2006, 06:52 PM »
MOOSE YOU FISH GATE 35 IF SO DO YOU USE THE LITTLE FLAGS STRIKE INDICATORS ON YOURE RODS IF SO IVE MET YOU BEFORE
STRIPERS ARE MANS BEST FRIEND OR WORST ENEMY

amazinmoose

« Reply #52 on: Mar 13, 2006, 06:44 AM »
Gate 35??  not sure which one that is... i fish up around gate 6-8 most of the time... looking for some new spots. As for the strike indicators.. nope not me..   perhaps well meet this April among the trails. -moose

mikeyc0203

« Reply #53 on: Mar 14, 2006, 08:52 PM »
I've always wanted to fish wachusett but have never had the chance too..i look forward to hitting it this year though..please keep me updated on the conidtions

big big rdg

« Reply #54 on: Mar 14, 2006, 08:59 PM »
Im planning on going there on April 1st with a few people, sounds like the place is awesome.
FSHON!

amazinmoose

« Reply #55 on: Mar 15, 2006, 06:34 AM »
like any body of water; you learn your lake, put in your time and you will be rewarded! talk to locals, we wont share the best spots but most us will give tidbits here and there. i myself am still learning the lake. it takes time..  been fishing it hard for 3 years now. some guys up there have been fishing it since they could walk!  oh and dont forget the camera... there is tons of wildlife!! iv seen eagles take fish from the water. -moose

roncarr

« Reply #56 on: Mar 15, 2006, 08:41 PM »
the first time I went there I stoped in at chu bait and tacle asked the guy what works he said if you buy a worm blower Ill show you I bought it he took the worm blower and shoved it behind the eye of a shinner blew it up he said use an egg or barrel sinker above a swivel to your leader  about1 to11/2 feet it will float off the bottom the shinner will live 1/2 hour first 5 times goin I got lakers nothin big but still good Ive seen 8 lbers caught right next to me the place is awesome but can be slow lets hear some more tricks to the trade guys :w00t:

EscapeIsNever

« Reply #57 on: Mar 16, 2006, 06:12 AM »
the first time I went there I stoped in at chu bait and tacle asked the guy what works he said if you buy a worm blower Ill show you I bought it he took the worm blower and shoved it behind the eye of a shinner blew it up he said use an egg or barrel sinker above a swivel to your leader  about1 to11/2 feet it will float off the bottom the shinner will live 1/2 hour first 5 times goin I got lakers nothin big but still good Ive seen 8 lbers caught right next to me the place is awesome but can be slow lets hear some more tricks to the trade guys :w00t:

blow 'em up behind the eye?  i always stick the worm blower in the shiner's ass...seems to work ok too
-Pearl Jam, Given to Fly

Brian

roncarr

« Reply #58 on: Mar 16, 2006, 06:10 PM »
wat do you mean the but hypos work the best I know there illegal but if i get busted for fish infected needles so be it

EscapeIsNever

« Reply #59 on: Mar 17, 2006, 06:28 AM »
wat do you mean the but hypos work the best I know there illegal but if i get busted for fish infected needles so be it

lol....i just never heard of blowing it up from behind the eye...always do it in their rectal opening
-Pearl Jam, Given to Fly

Brian

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.