FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 10+ lbs!!  (Read 11998 times)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: 10+ lbs!!
« Reply #45 on: Aug 05, 2005, 07:57 PM »
arch, There's lots of reasons behind it.  First off, when one talks about a world record, they are usually talking about the largest officially recognized caught fish for the species.  There are generally two organizations recognized for their official records, the IGFA (internation game fish assoc.) and the Freshwater fishing hall of fame.  Each organization has their own criteria for certifying record fish.

The 70lb 0z robert malo fish is not regonized by either organization because of " the questionable weigh-in and the fact that it was shot (common practice then) prior to landing it" 

the Arthur lawton fish used to be recognized by both organizations, but (from what i understand) some wisconsin musky nuts were able to  get it removed from the books becuase lawton screwed up his paperwork to the Field and Stream organization...but lawton's fish is still recognized by New York State.

That leaves us with luis sprays 69lb 11ounce fish from wisconsin.  From everything i have found, that fish is currently recognized by both organizations as the official record

I've found nothing on a mass. world record muskie.

Chucker

« Reply #46 on: Aug 05, 2005, 08:03 PM »
MA record is the tiger from last season, or the one before.

archbishop

« Reply #47 on: Aug 05, 2005, 08:11 PM »
And as for the musky i was reading an article talking about a 27 lb musky through the ice on Pontoosuc Lake
in Pittsfield mass. back in '01  the angler was James Lambert. i belive he has since passed. it was a world record of somesort..  tightlines moose

oldest angler to land a fish 43lbs short of the world record? ;) just messing with ya but i dont think that would be a world record of any sort, as a matter of fact i cant find anything on anything other than tiger musky in mass.

red i just read that after i posted about the bathroom scale on the malo fish

Grizz

« Reply #48 on: Aug 06, 2005, 04:31 PM »
NEW MASSACHUSETTS RECORD ... ... ;)

Grizz

« Reply #49 on: Aug 06, 2005, 04:33 PM »
 WORLD RECORD ... ...  ;)

EscapeIsNever

« Reply #50 on: Aug 06, 2005, 04:34 PM »
gah....those are a couple huge fish!  :o
"And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky.
A human being that was given to fly."
-Pearl Jam, Given to Fly

Don't be a Goatboy....eh hem, PJ!

Brian

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.