FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another on line tourney.  (Read 4992 times)

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
Another on line tourney.
« on: Jun 05, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Heh all you fellow BC fishermen. MFF is having a tourney. I know we don't have alot of those fish in our province that the certificates are for. However I think we should give our province a good showing. After all we do have the best fishing in the world. I noticed there was no salmon category cause we would win hands down :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Lets see a good representation from western Canada. Come on you lurkers, sign up. I would like another certificate for my wall. TGF: The horses are available when we need either January or February. See you in July at the Stuart Lake tourney. ;D

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Re: Another on line tourney.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Nice to see you here icechip you old fart. Count me in but don't know how much fishing I will be doing. Want to make a trip to Cunny to catch some of those 50 lb lakers. Should put me in the prize pool. Why don't you come along since it is in your neck of the woods? Show this young pup some old tricks. ;D

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2005, 09:10 PM »
I'm alive and ready me boys. I also noticed there was no salmon category.....kinda bummed me out. Should be able to grab the whitefish category unless someone throws in one of those big 'uns from back east. Gonna make a hell of a try at getting the trout category with brookies. Kinda sucks that the tourney doesn't start until July first cause all the best fishing is just starting or is already underway.
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2005, 09:41 AM »
I don't know if we can get the whitefish category Kris. Was fishing with a buddy in Alberta last year and he took me fishing for whitefish. There whitefish are huge when compared to ours. Although no one from Alberta registered yet. I'm sticking with burbot, lakers and rainbows. Hopefully BC with kick some butt again.

Kyle

« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2005, 08:34 PM »
Im up for the the whitefish challenge Kris  :-*
 :laugh: :laugh:

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2005, 09:03 PM »
good luck everyone!!!....TGF has something up his sleeve.....er.....i mean pants......looks like a 44W by 32L....and it aint a burbot....Grump ;D ;D

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2005, 09:56 PM »
Why thank you Grump, thank you very much ;D

Barebum

« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Yeah why not try again. Lets go BC ;D
Girl Power..........

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Jun 08, 2005, 04:13 PM »
Hope some of you boys and girls from BC will go after lakers. I just bragged us up to barleybog on the general section. I will only get out once or twice so do us proud.
Anyone interested in Cunny??? Pitbell??? Whiskey??? PGKris??? I know you mentioned it before. I may go there in August instead of July as less bugs. I will be taking my ATV in with boat and trailer. Some BIG fish there. And I'm not talking about little 40 plus inches. I mean 50-60 plus inchers. Any takers?? More boats the merrier.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Heh they have a landlocked salmon category, must have missed it the other day. Yee-haw. Cunny, here I come (soon). 3lb kokanee = big lakers and burbot.

PGKris

« Reply #10 on: Jun 09, 2005, 07:19 PM »
I still think I can do the whitefish category. There's some big rockies in the Crooked and I might just have the spot. I've only fished it once and I got 2 whites that were both 25 inches so it's definitely possible to get a 30 incher??
I'm thinking about a weekend trip to Takla or Babine in September for big lakers. I'm getting tired of seeing the dinky eastern lakers they keep putting up. We need to catch some more like whiskey's so they know we're not just fluking out. I'm hoping we can destroy them with a couple 30-40 plus pounders.
Cunny is best earlier in the year but if you can figure something out for august or september I'll be in if I can get the time off work. We can definitely get some 20 pounders out of Cunny.
The LL Salmon category is giving me some grief. I'm hoping they're not going to allow Great Lakes chinook, pink, coho and sockeye in that category because it kind of defeats the purpose of having a salmon category. Why let the easterners have all the fun? Most everyone on both coasts has access to salmon fishing so why not just throw in a salmon category and leave the splake/whitefish category? Seems kind of off to me.
Got to run
KRIS

Sailing team

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Jun 09, 2005, 08:31 PM »
There is a few lakes around Ft St James area and north that have some huge lakers. Takla included (and burbot). I use downriggers to get down to them. Lakers close Sept 15 too. So I may go in July, still undecided.
I wouldn't think they would allow chinooks, pinks, chum, coho and sockeye into the landlock salmon because you are right that would be unfair. A  salmon other than landlocked would dwarf a whitey.
25 inch whities :o Very nice Kris for around here. I caught in West lake but only up to 16 inches.
Good luck.

PGKris

« Reply #12 on: Jun 11, 2005, 06:36 PM »
Changed it to Kokanee!!! Yay!! This could get interesting! Got back into Eskers today...nothing big but I've got some pics to post in the next few days...
KRIS

Sailing team

trapperdirk

« Reply #13 on: Jun 15, 2005, 08:12 AM »
 I see the western troops are being called to arms . ;D Good luck lads but do keep that Terry under control because after seeing his ling pics, gad only knows what he will use as a measuring stick . LOL ;D

TD

The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
« Reply #14 on: Jun 28, 2005, 09:17 AM »
Yeah he likes to show off those little marmish rods ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.