FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New boat  (Read 12076 times)

fish/hunt4ever

Re: New boat
« Reply #30 on: Jul 24, 2022, 08:08 AM »
Thought about the 205 but seen the few differences in storage and that made my mind up on just sticking with the 195. Now for the wait for it to arrive, which is fine with me, hopefully the fuel prices are down when I have to go pick it up and fuel it up. But have some time to save up as well.

fishinjohn

« Reply #31 on: Jul 24, 2022, 11:16 AM »
Thought about the 205 but seen the few differences in storage and that made my mind up on just sticking with the 195. Now for the wait for it to arrive, which is fine with me, hopefully the fuel prices are down when I have to go pick it up and fuel it up. But have some time to save up as well.
There is soooooo much storage in them...
My 185 has compartments and storage EVERYWHERE!!!!!
THEY LITERALLY THOUGHT THE STORAGE ASPECT THROUGH 100%
I bought some cargo nets to put up front on bow on inside of gunnel wall...
I've got a 140 on it.. might trade the 140 in for a 175 (if I can put that big on my boat)

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #32 on: Jul 24, 2022, 08:06 PM »
I think the max horsepower on the 185 or 195 is 200 hp, the 205 was 300, do not see where another foot adds 100 hp for the max. I believe on most the computers you can have them adjusted to a different hp, a buddy I have his dad changed his 150 to a 175, just have to have the programmer to do I believe. Might check it out and safe some dollars if it works.

fishinjohn

« Reply #33 on: Jul 24, 2022, 09:10 PM »
I think the max horsepower on the 185 or 195 is 200 hp, the 205 was 300, do not see where another foot adds 100 hp for the max. I believe on most the computers you can have them adjusted to a different hp, a buddy I have his dad changed his 150 to a 175, just have to have the programmer to do I believe. Might check it out and safe some dollars if it works.

Hmmmmmmm... guess I'll have to do some looking

Dorado

« Reply #34 on: Jul 25, 2022, 01:34 PM »

I am pretty sure there is more to it than just a chip upgrade.  There are usually some intake differences as well to allow more air/fuel in the mixture to increase the HP...

On the small outboards, it is pretty much plug and play (but you do have to change the intake parts).  Bigger motors require more parts swaps...

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #35 on: Jul 25, 2022, 06:58 PM »
I figured there was a little more to it but heard that mercury makes there engines for a range and then just set the computer to that horse power but been looking at some YouTube videos trying to find one that explains all of it better but got off on Matt's off road recovery recently and watch that when I am watching along with pigpatrol and Tom Boley and Eastman hunting and and and just so many things to take away and learn.

Dorado

« Reply #36 on: Jul 26, 2022, 08:27 AM »
I had the same thought.  My new boat has a mercury Verado 150, which is basically the same motor as the 175 and 200.  A bit of online searching, and the consensus was that while the base configuration was the same, the manifold, electrical sensors, and the chip board would need to be changed.  Overall there is no cost savings because the parts ain’t cheap!

Mac Attack

« Reply #37 on: Jul 26, 2022, 04:02 PM »
Also, would no doubt void the warranty

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #38 on: Jul 29, 2022, 08:07 PM »
All the joys of owning a boat, just looked and the 185 trophy max hp is 175 the 195 trophy max hp is 200 and the 205 trophy is 300 hp max, cannot believe that another foot adds 100 hp for max with not a lot more to the boat. Cannot wait to get my new one, well I can so I can save up some more money.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #39 on: Nov 06, 2022, 07:49 PM »
Well drained the oil out of the boat motors and set it up for the winter, now to see if I get the new one before the ice comes off and get it set up for fishing or put oil in the motors and use this one for awhile before the new one arrives. So we will see what the spring will bring for the boat another time on the water with me or someone else.  I know there is still time to get out just not too motivated to fish right now until the hard deck gets on the lakes, might chase some pheasants around between now and then.

Dorado

« Reply #40 on: Nov 07, 2022, 01:11 PM »
Yeah, I planned on doing some more fishing from the boat before the ice season. But the forecast looks pretty cold for the next week, and I am going to be too busy to go until after Thanksgiving!  Going to have to clear all the snow off this weekend and move the boat into the shop for the winter.

When I was elk hunting it was boating weather, then I killed my elk when it was 65 degrees out, and the cold moved in!  At least got in a couple trips to ND for pheasants...Hard to believe but ice fishing season is just around the corner :)

glenwyo

« Reply #41 on: Nov 10, 2022, 10:13 PM »
Was hoping to get the boat out at least one more time.  However, with highs in the upper 20's and low 30's and lows below zero to teens for at least the next 7 days, I might have to store it for the winter.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #42 on: Nov 12, 2022, 08:52 AM »
Well boat is put away and the minnow tank is set up and first box of minnows put in, might have to get another one as I lost a few in this box but with the colder Temps should not be long before we are on the hard deck fishing and closer to the soft water and new boat getting set up. Have a great hard water season when I get the new boat will post set up pictures and hopefully see some out on the water next season.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #43 on: Feb 02, 2023, 07:49 PM »
Well the new boat is built and they are waiting on the big motor as mercury does not have the 175 I want right now, but the dealership has one in a crate that goes to one of the other boats but will install that one for me if my motor does not arrive by March when I want it shipped out so I can grab it at the end of March first of April. Getting closer, but still looking at icefishing for a bit longer.

Mac Attack

« Reply #44 on: Feb 02, 2023, 08:18 PM »
Super!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.