FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 377668 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #270 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:45 AM »
Yea, that pic will take me thru the day.

I have another combustion class to give later today.
A lunch and learn in Rottenchester.
The guy hosting it will have pizza and wings.
Maybe I'll grab a leaf or two of lettuce from the fridge for my pocket before I leave the house in a few minutes.
lol

That 3 wk cruise to the Bahamas we have coming up in March will be the acid test for sure.
They have treadmills.
And I typically take the stairs instead of the elevator when on cruise ships, disregarding my orthopedic surgeon's instructions to avoid the stairs and ladders.
(My job frequently requires ladders too as you know)
 :w00t:

I can still fish from a wheel chair.

The lunch you made looks awesome Bob.
And you are only a little bet east of where I'll be today.
Bummer I have a second appt in the Falls after the L-n-L.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #271 on: Jan 22, 2020, 03:10 PM »
Well it disappeared very quickly. Good thing I didn't make extra for home. The white dish was definitely not on anyone's diet plan. At least they enjoyed it.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #272 on: Jan 22, 2020, 03:52 PM »

I'm making venison and chicken broccolis,( not sure if spelled right) chicken added for fat cause none in deer ,using up homeade pasta sauce

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #273 on: Jan 22, 2020, 04:43 PM »
Not sure what the dish is , but everything looks very tasty.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #274 on: Jan 22, 2020, 06:16 PM »
Sorry rg my spelling is very bad those as chicken and venison braciole (just looked up spelling,) they came out much better than I expected!!!!

gotagetm

« Reply #275 on: Jan 22, 2020, 06:19 PM »
I'm a much better cook and worker than spelling bee contestant! Haha

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #276 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:11 PM »
Like I said...looks very tasty for sure. Brachiole is a very old recipe. I love making it.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #277 on: Jan 23, 2020, 04:57 PM »
Brachiole got me thinking about a dish I haven't made in quite a while.

Involtini a la Bob! ( it's my own take on an old recipe)
Involtini can be made with many kinds of meats and an infinite number of ingredients. Tonight I used pork filled with mushrooms, asiago, seasoned bread crumbs, garlic, prosciutto and spinach.
I'll skip the particulars ( until you ask)

Basically it's a small version of Brachiole. Spread the filling on the thinned meat and roll up pinning it together with toothpicks. Sauté in olive oil with several cloves of crushed garlic. Brown well and remove. Pull the garlic if it starts to brown. Don't want that bitter garlic taste.

After its nicely browned, remove it and set aside.

Toss the olive oil from the pan and add a good pat of butter with an equal amount of olive oil.
Sauté fine chopped onions and garlic for a minute or two. Add enough flour to make a loose roux and simmer a couple minutes to cook the flour. Then add chicken or beef stock ( I make my own) to the roux to form a nice loose sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings.

Return the Involtini to  the sauce....cover and simmer for  10-15 minutes on low heat.

Remove the involtini and add sliced mushrooms and a chiffonade of spinach, add the involtini back in and simmer for a few minutes till the mushrooms are translucent.

Slice the inovltini.

Top with the mushroom spinach sauce.

Enjoy! It's a seriously tasty combination of a French Bechamel and an Italian favorite. Savory and rich tasting. But not a heart stopper ( if you know what I mean)

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #278 on: Jan 23, 2020, 05:59 PM »
You keep eating like this Bob and you will find some of those pounds I’ve been lucky to misplace.

Lol

BTW, that looks effin great.

👍

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #279 on: Jan 24, 2020, 03:31 AM »
A little on the rich side for sure Mac. But I balance it out. Breakfast is usually some fat free cottage cheese, OJ and maybe some fruit. Lunch is pretty much always a lettuce and tomato salad with a little oil and vinegar. I have no problem with either of those meals. I don't have time to snack during the day ( unless there's pizza at work.....which isn't often).

We eat dinner early. Usually around 4:30. I guess my biggest sinful treats are some dark chocolate and bourbon. I don't eat cake or doughnuts or ice cream or chips. Even when I make a batch of brownies I only have 1. Over all I'm a pretty conservative eater. I used to be able to sit down and pound a whole strip steak or a couple plates of pasta. I just don't do that any more. Smaller portions are fine with me.

As long as I cook the food, I know what's in it and I can control it. That's why we rarely eat out at restaurants. Lord knows what they put in the food.

I'll be 70 in a few weeks and my Dr. isn't complaining about anything.

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #280 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:11 PM »

Tryed the cast skillet pizza tonight
Used a garlic parm sauce topped with spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, green pepper, tomatoes, pineapple and pepperoni and motz cheese ... pretty good,but will do things little different next time ,,,,,like more MEAT!!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #281 on: Jan 24, 2020, 05:47 PM »
Looks great. Love cast iron skillet pizza.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #282 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:39 PM »
Well Bob, all your Asian cooking inspired me.

Fillet and remove guts and gills. Save the eggs, they are really full of nutrients. Most I give to my friends with chickens but I saved a few for the soup. Asians don't waste much   ;)

Sautee your mirepoix add some seasoned pork neck bones and brown. Add the perch bodies and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and skim off the foam. 

Strain the broth after 2 hours. Save the pork off the bones and chop it up. Sautee your fresh veggies, I used bok choy, carrots, onions, spinach, sugar snap peas  mushrooms and garlic. Add the broth. Lightly sautee the fish and shrimp then add it at a rolling boil. Cook ramen style noodles.

I added some garlic chili paste for heat. Oh man this was soooooo good.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #283 on: Jan 25, 2020, 04:14 AM »
Looks delicious. Thanks for the instructions! Nice that you had some perch to play with. I didn't know there were shrimp in Oneida ;)

It's the lunar new year. A great way to celebrate. I'm doing sesame chicken and maybe a couple egg rolls or dumplings. I'm very close to buying an electric Shabu-Shabu hot pot / grill combo. We've had hot pot a couple times in the past. It's a great way to gather friends and enjoy healthy eating.

Gong hei fat choy!

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #284 on: Jan 25, 2020, 05:44 AM »
Thanks Bob it was delicious.  The shrimp were left over cocktail shrimp from the holidays I've been trying to figure out what to do with them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.