FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Finding the crappies  (Read 3658 times)

perchslayer25

Finding the crappies
« on: Apr 28, 2004, 06:56 AM »
does anyone know where i can find the crappie....im from the hannibal area.....an hour of travel is fine......just im looking to find these boys....my honey hole is dead already...so im looking for other places.....please let me know....im frauthing at the end of my pole to catch some..

Jordan
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

bigfish1556

Re: Finding the crappies
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2004, 08:38 AM »
ok - Beavis and Butthead reply here but couldn't resist with the setup you privided......

huhhuh - he's frothing at the end of his pole - huhuh
We may say of angling, as Dr. Boteler said of strawberries, “Doubtless God could have made a better berry, but doubtless God never did;” and so, if I might be judge, God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.  -Izaak Walton

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2004, 08:57 AM »
huhhuh huhhuh... hey beavis...huhhuh...he said POLE! huhhuh... ;D  :o  ;D

waterdawg14622

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2004, 06:56 PM »
He's a perchslayer, not a crappieslayer..... ::)
Jeff

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2004, 07:07 PM »
Perchslayer,
If you can find it, Infisherman has a video out called "Advanced Crappie Technics"......BUY IT!!!  It has improved my overall catches quite well.  Good info on soft water crappies from early spring thru fall.  I highly recommend it to anyone who like chasing the "Paper Mouths".  Also look for the Magazine Crappie fisherman or something like that.  I try and read anything and everything that I can find pertaining to these and a few other fish.  Just a thought.   Good luck and tight lines!!!

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

perchslayer25

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2004, 06:46 AM »
Not to be rude frenzy but your a true outdoors man and you post your land.....i dont know what is up with assholes nowa days....not saying your an not a very nice person but it is just like someone that snowmobiles and then puts signs across the trail so you cant ride there....i think if everyone in new york didnt hunt for 1 year and just let the deer and turkey population come to an uproar alot of people who post there land would change there minds because the animals will be destroying your land...or limited posting would be available by law....i just dont think it is right to post your land when you are an outdoorsman and im sure you have come across some posted land that you wanted to hunt....and about the crappie....im sry that i dont know where they are.....and if your such a good tour person you should give people some info so they now that you are good and may consider getting you as a tour..And im only 15 im just starting to find the fish...so dont be so tight about things....

Jordan
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

slice_o_life

« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2004, 10:06 AM »
fishin frenzy,
  i am a stock broker and just made a killing on a tip i had. to bad for you i am not going to share the info with you.
   now,  why would i bother to tell you that i hit it big if i was not willing to let you in on the tip?i wouldn't, and the same should go for fishing tips, if you are not willing to share keep you catch numbers to yourself.
          slice o life

finart

« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2004, 05:13 PM »
Not to state the obvious or start a war, but it looks like fishn frenzy runs a guide service.  So it appears to me that his livlihood (or at least part of it) comes from people PAYING him in order for him to put them on fish.  I don't see anything wrong with him trying to drum up a little business.  I probably wouldn't hire a guide because I do quite well on my own, but when fishing an unfamiliar body of water, or to learn a few tricks you certainly can't beat the info gained from someone who hunts/fishes for a living.  If he's able to stay in business he's probably doing something right.  As for the posting of lands..if you are the rightful landowner then I see no problem with it.  My land is also very tightly posted and I had two guys walk right under my treestand with bows, and climbing stands during bow season last year.  (they obviously ignored the posted signs)  Needless to say I wasn't exactly pleased.  I paid for the land and pay the taxes on the land and have managed it so that there are some really nice deer on my property.  The last thing I want is someone TRESPASSING on my land or even worse hunting it without my permission.  Just because land isn't posted doesn't give you the right to hunt it.  If a piece of land IS posted..talk to the landowner and see if he'll let you hunt it.  That's just my 2 cents

waterdawg14622

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2004, 12:05 AM »
Hey slice of life,

If you tell me your stock tip, Ill tell you where weve been getting hundreds of perch. :o
Jeff

hosscletuslulu

• PERCHPULLER
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2004, 05:19 AM »
Wow the kid asks for some info on spots and starts a debate.perchslayer try lake neawana(spelling bad)in fulton it has crappies I have caught them in cross lake before also.Try asking around at the local bait shops they make money on bait so the more you catch the more they sell so they aren't so tightlipped about spots to fish.

perchslayer25

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2004, 08:14 AM »
Thanx guys....im not really worked about the frenzy guy cause i really dont care......but i hit a spot yesterday and slammed the crappies and the gills....but you must have a boat....i started from the marina in fairhaven on eastbay road..I think...then when we worked our way about to where the crick (riversticks) starts the finder was black full of fish....i ended up with about 40 crappie.(me and my dad) and gills...there where tons of them....i used the new mini mite jigs in a tube... and it worked great....give it a shot....and good luck....you might see me out there again...only about a 12 foot boat is possible...cause im sure you know how little the creek is.....thanx

Jordan..

bigdave1018

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2004, 03:29 AM »
those 2 secret spots [ the riverstix and bayside marina] are truly hotspots this spring for gills shiners and crappies. the d.e.c. has been busting slob fishers there for limit violations all spring!!!!!! if that keeps up, the marina owner might not let any people in there from now on. the big boats are now in there and he doesnt want people in there blocking his paying customers. as far as renting a so called certified fishing guide aka charter captain, i personally am not wasting my money. i admit that there are a few good captains out there but most of them that i have met walk around with their heads up their butts and think they are GODS GIFT TO THE FISH WORLD!!!. thats my 2 cents worth. i met bill saiff at a show 1 yr and asked him why he doesnt do more bass and panfish shows. he stuck his nose up and replied there aint no money in doing worthless panfish and bass shows!!!!! im glad that all the[ use your own name] dont feel that way.   

bluegillking

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2004, 06:53 AM »
hey bigdave, lets video our own show. there are some real nice crappies at nestle park in fulton. oh might i mention the rockies are here. along with some very nice crappies down at wright's . i'll be there at 11:30 am today on the blue docks. if anyone wants to know were the fish are, all speicies call the salmon shop 315-342-2778. they will tell you were and when to fish.  ;)                                 bluegillking

bigdave1018

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2004, 10:23 AM »
tks larry but i gots no wheels bummer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.