FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Michigan Perch  (Read 18937 times)

wallin

Re: Lake Michigan Perch
« Reply #90 on: Aug 20, 2009, 05:13 PM »
A buddy of mine fished the mouth of burnes ditch and kept 13. The largest was 10-1/2. Think if you want the bigger fish you need to target the weed beds. Just my 2 cents. they may be a bit harder to find them but, once you do it wont take long.

I'm following you out to the weed beds-lol
I'm hoping to get out sunday if the lake is good-probably M.C. or Portage.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #91 on: Aug 28, 2009, 09:45 PM »
I was told that a guy got their limits out of Michigan City the other day. This was after the cold front. Found a pod and got lucky. I guess they are still out there but you have to be on them to get them. Oh, by the way they were all jumbos. This info came from the owner of Erwin's marine in Valparaiso. I dont know if he was telling a fish story or not. Anyone have anything to report. Ed, of owner Mclurch's said that they went deep with the north winds blowing all the warm water towards the shore. He said to try out at Gary light (deep water), or, the reefs at Pastrick marina. I myself havent been out in 2 weeks. Probably going to spend some time trying to bag some doves. With a occasional goose or teal as well. So, till about mid september my boat will AIR OUT. HEVI-SHOT IS THE WAY TO GO.

walkerd

• Cherish each day you dont know when it will end!!
« Reply #92 on: Sep 01, 2009, 07:14 AM »
Would like to try perch on the big lake but have never tried. How long do the perch stay around? Really dont want to go that far out being its the first time in my boat. Any help would be appriciated.

wallin

« Reply #93 on: Sep 01, 2009, 08:28 PM »
I know of some heading out wed, either M.C. or New Buffalo, they say the bites on and jumbos
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #94 on: Sep 03, 2009, 06:56 PM »
Kind of spotty now. I have caught perch up till the ice on the ramps freeze up. At that time you have to carry a bag of salt just in case. I too have heard that they are getting them out from Michigan City. Dont know the depth or any other info. I wouldn't try going out there unless you had a south wind. When you find them it wont take long to take your limits. Finding them is the hard part. Good luck,  I haven't been out on the big lake in a couple weeks. I believe they will come back closer to shore towards the end of the month. IMO.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #95 on: Sep 05, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Any perch being caught with this calm weather close to shore.I was planning a trip on monday.Any reports greatly appreciated.

abishop

« Reply #96 on: Sep 06, 2009, 08:49 AM »
Haven't heard much at all happening. The chinocks are jumping all over though.

mike van09

« Reply #97 on: Sep 06, 2009, 10:32 AM »
has there been any perch been caught off the lighthouse peir.. was planning on going fishing today..
maybe go try for some perch. and what are the biting off of?
any reports appreciated

wallin

« Reply #98 on: Sep 06, 2009, 10:46 AM »
Not much of a Perch report, last I heard was if you find them there jumbos.
Wallin

mike van09

« Reply #99 on: Sep 12, 2009, 09:16 PM »
any reports lately from mich city..
any being caught on the peir

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.