FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy report  (Read 10960 times)

bigr

Missy report
« on: Feb 22, 2016, 07:07 AM »
As of sunday the resi is about half open and melting fast. Shore fishing is ready in most spots but still alittle ice in front of red bridge  ramp. There was several guys fishing including myself. I didn't fish in any groups but could tell most where catching fish. I did well myself on numbers and had plenty of good ones for a meal. It will be day to day as far as skim ice goes but should stay open now most of the time. It gets good from now til post spawn. 

bherr24

Re: Missy report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2016, 10:18 AM »
Nice job bigr.  I fished 2 spots yesterday on the lake and never had a bump.  Just wasn't my day i guess.  I fished one spot closer to the dam and the other was across from red bridge ramp at the dead end. May try again tomorrow.

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:14 AM »
I started out at the dead end road and caught several small fish standing right on old road bed. That was around 1:30 to 2:30 then I drove over to north side of bridge and walked thru woods to the west and fished that area picking up a mixed bag of keeper fish. It was out of the wind and ice free. Moved around working my way back to bridge, caught fish everywhere I stopped and made a few cast.

bherr24

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:51 AM »
Thanks. I left dead end shortly before u got there then.  I didn't stay that long.  Looks like i may be able to get out later today if things go according to plan.  Snow may be back on for wednesday so want to get out while weather is still decent.

treepotato

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2016, 05:20 PM »
Hi Big R, a friend of mine and myself took the kayaks out along the north edges doing some jigging sunday evening but only caught a couple . marked plenty of fish but they didnt want what we had. we were mainly using minnows. were you using tubes ?

bherr24

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2016, 07:28 PM »
Got out this evening and did a little better. Caught probably 12 or so but only 3 were keepers. Heard mid day was pretty good today,  one guy supposedly had 15 nice ones. I was using tube jigs under a bobber but some other guys were getting them on minnows. 

bigr

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2016, 05:04 AM »
I used two small jigging spoons under float tipped with moth, orange color. 3 to 5 ft deep.

bherr24

« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2016, 01:38 PM »
Tried Missy again yesterday one last time before all the snow/rain screws it up. Water appeared to have muddied up since the day before. I am guessing that was from the strong winds and waves. I only had 2 bites and caught 1.  Nobody else had any luck either around me. Probably won't fish again for a while unless it's at the spillway. Depending on flow i have had some good luck there including a couple weeks ago. Would think flow should increase some with all the precip comin today.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2016, 07:28 AM »
Seen she came up five foot last two days four yesterday output is up now. Is  she now dirty? Big R I need report was going to come that way Saturday. Let me know if anyone has seen lake down by dam. If mud has spread around. Thanks guys

bigr

« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2016, 08:42 AM »
Haven't seen lake since Tuesday. My guess is it would be fishable close to the dam. They just started pulling water so it will take a few days to days to mix much there. I'm sure red bridge is rolling mud. I would consider another option for this weekend, not saying you wouldn't have luck but with fish like you had last weekend I would go for a less risky trip. When to corp is pulling water hard the bite usually is tuff, water will be dropping fast.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2016, 05:00 PM »
Thanks Big R. Was hoping to get one more run at her before I had to focus else where.We will be fishing south for the next few months in tours. But will returned late April. Am hoping the Geist isn't to dirty. I dont expect a strong bite tomorrow but every time out am amazed at what nice fish are coming out of the waters in Indiana.

I Walton

« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2016, 05:34 PM »
I just got back from a trip around the reservoir and the water at the spillway was not muddy but a lot of outflow. Saw over 20 eagles at the Coon Hunters Bridge. No one fishing at the spillway. Water rising fast and the muddy water will soon arrive at the dam.

bigr

« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2016, 04:14 AM »
I Walton have you been upstream yet. Spring run is getting close. These high water events bring them on. I'll get out Sunday and check the usual spots.

I Walton

« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2016, 09:12 AM »
Big R I have not gone upstream yet but was surprised that the Missy level did not change more that a couple of inches over the last 24 hrs. Outflow was 4908 and inflow 4225. Today's science lesson is that those measurements are in cubic feet per second but will easily convert to gallons per sec. There is only about a 2% error (Close enough for Government Work) in a one to one conversion. The other confusing bit of data on the Corp. of Engineers website is the temperatures. Max and min are easy as they are in farenheit but TW temp? Well for some strange reason the tailwater temps are in Celsius degrees. So todays reading of 3 is equal to 37.4 degrees Fahrenheit. The lake level is five feet above winter pool and will likely drop over the next 24 hours. By the way which will move up the river first, the crappie or the white bass?

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #14 on: Feb 27, 2016, 04:55 PM »
Well not a great day for us down south cold muddy water and crappies don't mix well. Caught one nice fish the only fish. Found clean water by dam but no fish there. ( Geist ) Did find lots of fish in dirty water but they most of had lock jaw water temp down five degrees from last week.    Did anyone catch any fish at Missy might come over tomorrow to save face if possible.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.